Invasion of the Peanuts... Eleuke Peanuts!!!

Mim

Reaction score
They are here! They are here! They are here!

I have been waiting for these since I saw the prototype at NAMM! They were the cutest little things! And I must say I am excited how they came out! I like the choice of the headstock (it was more of a off center roundish headstock at NAMM) and the fact that they come stocked with Aquila strings (the prototype had GHS and re-stringing that many ukes would not be my favorite chore)!

I will have them in-store in about a week! I normally would not talk about a product I am getting in on Uke Talk unless I know people were looking for them and/or they are just unique. (Sometime when I get good pictures I am gonna tell you about some one-of-a-kind Riptides, just cause yall need to see 'em). I will be the only one with these for awhile. I bought out the whole first run because... I love them so much! And Christmas is coming up and they would fit real nice in a stocking... haha!

I think I am going to have to claim one of these little Peanuts PE-MHP for myself. It would make the best travel uke! It has the MP3 Input & Headphone output like the regular Eleukes, but in such a tiny package that I am sure it could be slipped into anywhere without much notice.

So without futher ado... here are some pics and a video of the new little guys/ girls (whatever gender your ukes happen to be)!

Peanut.jpg
Peanut1.jpg
Peanut2.jpg

Last edited:
Send me one! Send me one!

Really!

Peanuts....?

Bummer, I thought there was going to be gratuitous Charlie Brown content here...:eek:

Gorgeous looking ukes Mim. Look and sound great!

I'm in for one, Ms. Mim!

(of course, I'll have to swap out the geared tuners for frictions!) :)

Question: what it's the mp3 input for?

/want

this just may be worth a trip to charlotte!

Question: what it's the mp3 input for?

/want

You can put on your tunes and play along. Sounds cheesy, but my gosh is it cool! Especially because the Eleuke on its own is super quiet. I sell to a lot of people who want it for stage, but also to a lot of people going off to college, who live in apartments, people with new babies, or people who have spouses that want to kill them if they play 5 foot 2 one more time!

Works good for travel too because they are solid as a rock in that you would have to go all Nirvana guitar-smashing on it to break it and I know I can hear through some hotel room doors, so you can play in your hotel room with headphones and know you are not disturbing anyone! Heck, you could practice in an airport and not disturb anyone. Just beware... the bag checkers will probably stop you and ask you about it... because they think it is awsome!!! Haha!

Now, a cool thing about the Honeytone amps (which I do stock too) is, a guy who bought an Ele from me because he was going to college came into my shop the other day with the Eleuke he bought just to jam with family and friends (sooooo awesome whent hat happens). Anyway, he plugged his MP3 player into the Eleuke and then hooked the Honeytone to his belt. I only had a long cord so he wrapped it around his shoulder and then around his waist (it actually looked cool), he turned on... shoot... forgot the same of the song... the western one... with the whip cracking and whistling... and was playing along and both the MP3 and the uke playing came out of the amp ...

AND. IT. WAS. AWESOME!!!

He could totally busk that way! He is planning on playing around his campus that way! I told him to send me a video. I tried to take a video but customers kept coming in. Seriously... awesome!!!

Ok, I have a tendency to give long answers to short questions.

So in short: Why the MP3?... because it is awesome!

Last edited:
this just may be worth a trip to charlotte!

The little booger is so light, I can ship it. Though I NEVER discourage anyone from visiting! PLEASE call first so I can make sure I am working if you do want to come in!!! 704-238-3555! Why call first? #1 My poor husband knows nothing about Ukes (though he has learned to tune them at least... I am so proud of the man... he sold a dolphin today all by his-self... seriously... beaming with pride) #2 If I miss the chance to chill with a UUer I would be soooo disapointed! #3 IF... and cross your fingers for me... we sell the ice cream portion of the business, you may need to see me at another location! But the probability of this is slim!

Those little Peanuts are so cute! :) They're soprano scale, right?

I've been wanting to try a soprano (five tenors and a concert Fluke so far) and my husband said he'd buy me a soprano Flea for my upcoming b-day if I find one at a reasonable price. But he might just go for a Peanut on the basis of it being a "silent" practice uke I can play when he wants to sleep in the next room.

Nice!

How much do they cost?

Yeah... all over! I put little pinpoints on a map to keep track.

Great!
I found a dealer here in Japan,selling it for around the same price too, but I wasn't very thrilled with their service the last time I bought an Eleuke from them. I've heard you check and fine tune the ukes before shipping right?
I might be asking you for a peanut sometime later.

Forgot to ask, but does that price include a bag/case?

Thanks

Great!
I found a dealer here in Japan,selling it for around the same price too, but I wasn't very thrilled with their service the last time I bought an Eleuke from them. I've heard you check and fine tune the ukes before shipping right?

Thanks

Yeah, they come with a padded gigbag. They are well padded and well made!

Great!

Thanks

Sorry to bust in, but BUY FROM MIM!!!! I brought my eleuke from her earlier this year and wow, the set up was great, excellent service and she was as anxious as me for it to arrive through customs and such! So yes, the eleuke was great, but buying from Mim gave me peace of mind and made it that much better!!!

Top Bottom