Donut??

judesim

Reaction score
Being new to playing the Uke, I've found this site to be very helpful! Watching Aldrine's videos is lots of fun, and very informative. But I have a question...

What in the world is that thing hanging from the headstock of his Uke? It looks like a small, wooden donut!

And if you know why it's there, please explain.

Thanks!

~ Jude

its just a keychain lol. he hung it on one of his tuners. i think its a katamari thing. rofl, aldrines a goofy, funny guy so you never know. heck id put a donut on my uke if i had one!

Very hip! Although I was hoping that it would be a good luck charm - or have some traditional meaning / symbolism... Or that it meant you belong to a Uke clan... Or GANG?? :)

Yeah, they're from a line of collectable vinyl keychains called Yummy Breakfast. My cousin's in love with 'em. I've got a piece of toast hanging from my gig bag (I'm still holding out for the bruised banana or the crying broken egg). I wonder if Aldrine collects them and/or would be willing to trade for others?

I searched Yummy Breakfast. Apparently, there's a separate Yummy Donuts series. LOL

Totally awesome

i used to hav to Guam seal hanging from my uke untill it broke off :(
it used to be part of a necklace that looked better on my ukulele
but i'm gonna fix it or maybe get a new one

it was also pretty annoying because it kept banging on the ukulele
any ideas on how i could properly string a charm like that on the uke??

I really love the keychains but i can only find the breakfast series but i want the donuts :p The only problem is the only other site i found won't deliver to europe but I live IN europe :p. Can somebody plz help me out? :p

Thx for the website man :p But does anybody know if this site is reliable? If so i'm deffinatly going to order here.

On 8-31, Ubie mused - "But does anybody know if this site is reliable?"

Well really, what are you risking - the price of a Starbucks grande non-fat decaf latte? Half the price of a single set of Aquilas from most websites? Less than the cost of a crappy movie - without the $12.00 combo soda/popcorn/remorse deal? Even with shipping it can't come out to 10 bucks, US - that's chump change in Europe these days - what, like 4-5 Euros?

Put a little adventure in your life - take a chance. There are no guarantees short of death or taxes. If you get it, yay! you got a great story - you took a risk to get something you couldn't find anywhere else, what a great deal - or they screw you, take your money, deliver no product - you still got a great story! "They screwed me! They took my money and I got jack!". Maybe they take your cc info and charge a week-end trip to Belize on it - an even better story! "Man, all I wanted was one of those little donuts like Aldrine has, and not only did I not get it, they took a romantic week-end in Belize and charged it to my account! All I got was the bill!".

Use an Amex or some such card that have decent protection and have a little fun. Cheap thrills. What the hell, go for it!

No matter what, you got a great story! Let us know how it turns out.

ah.clem

Sure it's a great story for you guys but I might lose all my money :p I'm still going to do it btw :p I'll post a video or something to let you know how it turns out

Top Bottom