Love My Uke!

sweetcheeks45

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my Redwood S80 for two weeks and have just nailed my first full song (All My Loving - The Beatles).

I haven't put the thing down for two weeks (I'm obsessed) and find myself constantly wanting to strum

Found this site too and think it's fantastic! So much advice and info.

Keep up the great work everyone and I'm delighted to have found you.

Steve.

Hi Steve, welcome to UU from another Cheshire newbie :)

This is a great site, there's so much to learn that the biggest problem is working out where to go next!

the uke obsession is a relentless phenomenon for many lol you are doomed now :p , and there is so much to this site, its not one to ever get bored with either. E komo mai , welcome :)

Welcome to the UU. Glad to hear you are enjoying your uke. Congrats on the song as well.

Thanks for the welcome to UU guys :)

And Fliss, great to see I've got a colleague for the Cheshire contingent.

Congrats! I played so much the first week, I hurt my hand and had to stop for a while. It was agony to wait to play.:eek:

Welcome to UU and the forum, congrats on the uke. Isn't it fun to learn an instrument to feed your love for music? Here's to your continued success, enjoy and have fun...............................BO...........................

Congrats, it's great to love your uke. Playing songs is fun, but don't forget to master the basics. Great chord exercises at Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot camp, other tutorials online, UU, and youtube

Hi all,

Had my Redwood S80 for two weeks and have just nailed my first full song (All My Loving - The Beatles).

I haven't put the thing down for two weeks (I'm obsessed) and find myself constantly wanting to strum

Found this site too and think it's fantastic! So much advice and info.

Keep up the great work everyone and I'm delighted to have found you.

Steve.

Did you by any chance buy your Uke from Dawsons? I bought my S10 Redwood from the Manchester branch of Dawsons on Portland Street.

Did you by any chance buy your Uke from Dawsons? I bought my S10 Redwood from the Manchester branch of Dawsons on Portland Street.

Hi Phil, yes Dawson's mate! But mine from the Liverpool store.
IMG_0368.jpg
The S80 is a solid mahogany soprano and she sounds great now she's settling.
Had to re-string as I'm very left handed so lots of continuous tuning the last couple of weeks but I think we're just about there now.

Are you happy with your S10?

Steve.

Yeah on the whole. Mine was a very cheap one cost me £12.99. I didn't really want to buy an expensive uke in case I was wasn't going to carry on trying to play it. I suffer from dyspraxia and have a problem with co-ordination.

But 2/3 weeks on and I've learnt maybe a couple of tunes. The tuning wasn't easy I bought a clip on tuner but it just didn't sound right. I took the uke back to Dawsons and they showed me how to tune it, I was using the Uke setting instead of the chromematic setting.

After that I was well away.

yo guys the uke certainly gets under your skin, i to am obsessed, great hear your all enjoying playing

Hi Phil, yes Dawson's mate! But mine from the Liverpool store.
View attachment 27068
The S80 is a solid mahogany soprano and she sounds great now she's settling.
Had to re-string as I'm very left handed so lots of continuous tuning the last couple of weeks but I think we're just about there now.

Are you happy with your S10?

Steve.

I was watching the NorthWest News tonight and didn't realise their shop in Manchester got looted and wrecked. The thought of seeing a £12k Grand piano smashed to pieces really turned my stomach. I was distressed when saw the interview with one the guys who worked there.

I was watching the NorthWest News tonight and didn't realise their shop in Manchester got looted and wrecked. The thought of seeing a £12k Grand piano smashed to pieces really turned my stomach. I was distressed when saw the interview with one the guys who worked there.

I didn't see that on the news, but am very saddened to hear about it. I know these are only "things", but the wanton destruction and waste is sickening.

I didn't see that on the news, but am very saddened to hear about it. I know these are only "things", but the wanton destruction and waste is sickening.

I sent them an email wishing them good luck and hope that they get back on their feet very soon. I only bought a very cheap Uke from them, but I certainly buy from there again. Maybe something more expensive like a Banjo Uke when I master my Uke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom