FS Big Island Rope Series KRP-CT Honu Ukulele<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmoe

Reaction score
This was the last ukulele from my brother in law who used to run Island Legends in Gardena, CA but alas no longer. (tear) because of economy etc. he had to close his shop.

This is the Honu Rope Series concert and it has the unique Honu headstock, beautiful curly koa grain and rope binding, mahogany neck, Honu inlay in the headstock, and Koa tuner buttons.

I'm in Philadelphia but left this uke at my folks in Los Angeles. It is still new with tags and sticker. It is a beauty and my technologically challenged mom took some pics with her iphone pictured here and hopefully I can get some better pics. I was going to keep this uke but there were several KoAlohas that came up both on ebay and here including a Pineapple Sunday by beergeek and resistance was futile so this little guy will have to go.

There is no case and I will include shipping to lower 48 for $425.

If you are local to Los Angeles area and want to pickup from my folks. I will give you a better price.

I'm a reliable seller both on other film and photography forums dvxuser.com and getdpi.com my handle is gmoe and on ebay componentgeek.

This is my first uke sale here on the underground.

1-Honu Concert (Front).jpg
2-Honu Concert (Back).jpg
3-Honu Concert (Close2).jpg
4-Honu Concert (Close1).jpg

Some info on the uke:

- Big Island All Solid Koa Concert KRP-CT Ukulele
- Aquila Strings

Top, Back, & Sides : Solid Curly Koa
Neck : Mahogany
Fingerboard : Ebony - Abalone Dot
Bridge : Ebony
Nut & Saddle : Bone
Tuner (CT) : Sealed Chrome with Koa Button
Rosette & Binding : Maple & Mahogany Rope
Finish : Gloss

Thanks for looking!

Just sent you a PM about this

It's a very pretty ukulele. I'm very happy with my somewhat more plain (although the koa on mine is beautiful) Big Island Honu traditional tenor. This ukulele will be a great acquisition for someone..

Just as an FYI to everyone, I'm pulling out because I'm really looking only for tenor scale, so this one is still up. Great price and a great little uke for the lucky person that claims it.

No worries PoiDog! Thanks for the little plug. Yes, especially for SoCal folks and any Angeleno's if you are interested let me know that way I can save on shipping. I'll get some better pics up this weekend. :)

Still available and will post better pics later this week. I got swamped on the weekend. Thanks for still looking. :)

Hi Pbancr1-

No set up work has been done on it. It sounds very nice though. I got it last X-mas when I was home with family in Los Angeles and was not able to take it on the airplane with me so it's just been sitting at my folks home. For all in tensive purposes it's a new ukulele. :) PM and let me know. I'd like to find a home for it soon. Thanks!

Oh man I do miss Todd. He and Island Bazaar in HB were really the only two uke stores in the area. I hope he is doing well – please send him my regards and good luck with the sale!

Oh man I do miss Todd. He and Island Bazaar in HB were really the only two uke stores in the area. I hope he is doing well – please send him my regards and good luck with the sale!

Definitely Todd Matsuoka from Island Legends was really responsible for me going in ukulele crazy buying mode. I definitely miss that his shop is gone for sure. He's pretty busy now a days though because he has a new baby boy. :) And I hope he does open a restaurant selling good Hawaiian Food. That's his real specialty!

I will let him know that you said hello!!

Thanks Pbancr1! I believe this beautiful little concert ukulele is now SOLD! And will be shipping out tomorrow.

Thanks all for those who PM'd and also plugged this ukulele. I had to offset my KoAloha Pineapple Sunday purchase by selling this uke.

And it's the last ukulele from Todd's store from Island Legends in Gardena so I'm happy to know that this little uke can go to a good home from a member here on UU.

It deserves a good home. :)

:drool: :iwant: ;) good luck with the sale

oh or should i say congrats to the new owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom