Yay! My KoAloha Sceptre came today.

byjimini

Reaction score
photo-scaled-500.jpg

Came today from Southern Ukulele Store. I bought it entirely on impulse and am so far very happy with it.

I'll be taking it to my local luthier to have the action lowered a tad; every uke I've ever owned has had the action taken down to the same as my Samich. I also need some strap buttons fitting, the luthier sees it as a challenge accepted! Ha!

Attachments

• photo-scaled-500.jpg
    photo-scaled-500.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 73
Oooooh! Must have!! Now I REALLY can't wait for my Pineapple Sunday to get here the end of the week!

Beautiful!

Congrats!

Keep uke'in' (right!) : )

What a wonderful day when a KoAloha arrives. Congratulations. I love my KoAlohas!

Let me know where the strap buttons go...I've been thinking about it as well. I could take it to the shop but I want to see it on someone else's before I commit.

I have a tenor and the Sceptre and they sound totally different, The sceptre reminds me of a concert on steroids while the tenor has a much deeper sound

Congratulations! That's a handsome ukulele! And please post a photo of the strap button. I don't have a sceptre, but I'm real curious about where your luthier is going to put the strap button.

very very very nice instrument congratulations byjimini

Gorgeous. Play it in good health.

Let me know where the strap buttons go...I've been thinking about it as well. I could take it to the shop but I want to see it on someone else's before I commit.

I have a tenor and the Sceptre and they sound totally different, The sceptre reminds me of a concert on steroids while the tenor has a much deeper sound
I'd like to see too! BTW I like that! Concert on steroids! Good one.

Simply beautiful. Enjoy!

Congrats on the sceptre. I just tried to win one on eBay that went for about $850. I would have went for it but I just bought a pineapple Sunday and getting ready to buy a Mele 6 string so I decided to let it go but kind of wish I had went ahead and bought it. I'm sure another one will come along soon. Beautiful uke you have there.

Congratulations on your Sceptre!

My experience is that I have to play anything that expensive before I buy it.

That being said,

Mine came today, as well. (okay, it arrived in NY on Monday, but I was still in California when it got here.)

..-Kurt

I'll put some pics up tomorrow; one's in the standard place on the neck, the other is on the central spike, just tucked around so it's almost out of sight.

He said it's 10mm thick koa, with sparkles in his eyes. I left it with him for a day since I was off out (and don't like to rush luthiers - take your time to do a good job!), and said he'd prodded and poked about, then played it for the rest of the day. :D

Must be a good sign if even a luthier can't put the uke down.

Top Bottom