What would you like to see on uke minutes?

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
This is assuming that people even view the content on the front page instead of coming directly here to the forums haha.

We've been coming up with uke minutes for the past 4 years now. We've covered everything from basic uke techniques to stuff that you can do with your ukulele but probably never have to haha. I still have a bunch up my sleeve but I wanna reach out to you guys and ask for your opinion on what YOU want to see. The uke minutes are for YOU guys to learn more about your uke and its potential.

So, in short, what do you guys wanna see on uke minutes? :cool:

Aldrines wonderful face....that's all. (okay that came off a little creepy coming from me)

I'm in awe of the finger picking prowess of Troy Fernandez. Can you show us how he does some of his licks....sloooowly?

I absolutely love UU. Many thanks for starting it.

Gillian

Love the Uke Minutes, but can't think of anything that you haven't already covered...

But you have a bunch more up your sleeve? That's great!!!! Keep 'em comin'!!!!!!!!!

more tips on how to change frets without gaps, i know you are going to say practice practice practice and i do but there must be some knacks that we can use to speed up the process

One technique I have trouble with is changing smoothly from strumming to picking and back again. Maybe you've covered it but I haven't found it.

I liked that you branched out on other things that had to do with the uke like recording. Maybe actually get in to bigger detail like explaining different microphones or something like that. Maybe actually break down how YOU record a song since you just recorded your album.

Maybe how to do basic set-up on a uke? Adjusting the action or curing minor problems by altering the nut and/or bridge? Maybe at the very least, how to diagnose the most common problems.

Thanks,

-Gary

PS - are you going to make an appearance at the Wine Country Uke Festival this year?

I love UM! I have not seen them all I am sure but I would like strumming techniques and would really like some simple music theory. I don't know any:)

Love UM, and maybe you've covered this before, but how about some riffs. Opening line kind of stuff. Decidedly Hawaiian maybe? Just a thought . . .

chord and melody?

I'd like to learn how to play a song (not sure of the name of the technique) where you play the melody and the chords at the same time
thanks, Aldrine

IMO what your doinng now is fine. Even if some people cant keep up with yout more recent UM videos they always can when they get better. But i guess if i had to request a topic it would be basic setups and fixing some minor issues. Basically problems that anyone can fix.

I'd like to see some of that blues stlye ala Kenny Wayne Shepherd
King's Highway
Slow Ride
True Lies
somehow, somewhere someway
everything is broken
and Long Gone.

Its got both country blues and Stevie Ray Vaughn influence and I'm trying to learn it from scratch; but it'd be nice to know the shortcuts.

I'd like to see more cow bell.

MORE ON SLACK KEY! You did one spot where you explained how to tune ,but nothing else. More on slack key use, tuning, chording, and playing up the fret board. Anything slack key!!!!

Someone already mentioned it but I would also like some advice on set up for ukuleles. Maybe some common problems that new ukuleles may have and how to fix them such as adjusting the action and whatnot.

I am new around here though so this may have been covered already and if thats the case then just ignore my jibber-jabber :]

Also if it has been covered I'd very much appreciate being pointed in the right direction because got my uke last christmas and it has been serving me well but I feel like I could get a lot more out of it by adjusting the action (I put a capo on the first fret one time and so that lowered the action a bit and it was absolutely a dream to play :D). But yeep that is my two cents :]

-matt

Top Bottom