Finished knit ukulele bag

TCK

Reaction score
Melissa (my SO) started knitting around the time she started playing Ukulele, and she asked me if I wanted her to make me something...
Of course I told her an "Ukulele Bag" would be fine, being the wise guy I tend to be. In any event, didn't someone go and post plans for one the next day (are they called plans if you are knitting?).
Well, she finished it all up and got all the cutesy stuff on it, and I am amazed at how it came out so I am going to beam with internet forum pride and post it up. Everything on it is hand-made (except 2 Chicago screws)...she even talked some fellow into making the buttons out of his scrap wood pile.
case2.jpgCase.jpg

Very, VERY nice!

Now, before I show this to MY wife, is Melissa willing to share to pattern?

Thanks!

-Kurt

Your wife is a legend Dave, that's all that needs be said. Aint that the cutest, sweetest, puuurtiest lookin thing I ever did see. That lil ol uke gonna be snug as a bug in a rug.

Well done Mel!!!! Awesome work!!!!! Thanks for the pics Dave.

Very, VERY nice!

Now, before I show this to MY wife, is Melissa willing to share to pattern?

Thanks!

-Kurt

That's awesome!! Kurt the pattern of called Hana Hou, it's on ravelry! I can email you guys the link.. Melissa did great! Carry it with pride! I still need to get yarn to make mine... soon.. the weather is cooling down!

Here is the pattern Kurt- we modded it a bit to suit our tastes and once I find some bone to make my buttons I will have a tenor one
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hana-hou
Took forever because it is felted and therefore could cover a car before it is washed :)
She will appreciate all your nice compliments.
Jane- she does both. She sits in her chair every night, uke, knitting and hairless cat all piled on her lap and switches between the three. Not great for progress on the uke, but entertaining as all get out.
Hehe- Jon, you can say you knew her when she was just makin' hats :)

I just looked at the link Janeray posted - didn't realize the bag Melissa made was that same pattern! I've bookmarked it for when Nancy is ready.

Thanks, everyone!

-Kurt

Jane- she does both. She sits in her chair every night, uke, knitting and hairless cat all piled on her lap and switches between the three. Not great for progress on the uke, but entertaining as all get out.

Um... now we're going to want video of this. I mean it!

Here's the pattern.

If only there were enough hours in the day to both knit *and* play ukulele. I can knit, but I'd rather play!

Oh, thanks for sending the link! Great idea to make with some of my handspun yarn. Then I can make music, using a uke I carry in a bag I made out of yarn I made. Next I'll just have to learn how to make a uke - too bad you can't knit one lOL

I can so relate to this. On my resume, it's called an ability to multitask. However, amoung friends, I call it "Hobby ADD."

Oh, thanks for sending the link! Great idea to make with some of my handspun yarn. Then I can make music, using a uke I carry in a bag I made out of yarn I made. Next I'll just have to learn how to make a uke - too bad you can't knit one lOL
I am seriously hoping that spinning is not in our future. With 18 accordions and 13 ukes, 15 sets of bones...we are more in danger of being over-run by yarn. Do you sell your yarn?

Kristi that just reminded me.. I AM working on a knitted ukulele... I should get back to that.. I LOVE handspun yarn.. I made a vow to never learn....

Kristi that just reminded me.. I AM working on a knitted ukulele... I should get back to that.. I LOVE handspun yarn.. I made a vow to never learn....

Spinning is on the list for the future for me - did drop spindle in college, (also carding and processing flax into linen thread), and using an overhead barn loom... All part of a heritage Arts program. But I'm going to get better at uke first, before I go a-roving.

...-Kurt

It's beautiful! My ukuleles are envious. I don't know how to knit or crochet. I purchased a few wool sweaters at the Thrift Store and washed them in hot hot water, with plans to someday make a ukulele bag out of them. Of course, they shrink a lot, so the bag will have to be made of a few different sweaters.

Thank you for sharing - you are one lucky ukulele player!

Top Bottom