1928 Harmony Johnny Marvin "Tenor"

bynapkinart

Reaction score
I finally got around to recording something for you all...so I guess you guys can try and hear the tone of the uke through my amateur playing. I just learned the song a couple of days ago and it's one of my all time favorites for uke.

Again, its the 1928 Johnny Marvin that I got a couple of weeks ago, with Aquila (new)Nylgut strings. Beyond that, it's completely stock. Solid flame mahogany top, sides and back, with a mahogany neck, bone nut and saddle, and a maple "aero" bridge.

Hope you all enjoy/let me know how it sounds!

That was great! I'm including the Johny Marvin, the strums and the singing (not the noodling).

Do us a favor, and learn that "part you don't know" and put the whole thing up again. Want to hear it all!

You've got a nice mellow singing voice,......you should develope it furthur as you could very well have a career there.

BTW,....i believe Elderly Instruments calls that the "Airplane Bridge" on that model. :D

Thanks all!

Yeah, I thought I saw that...there's also an old Harmony catalog somewhere on the internet that says Aero, but either way it's wicked cool looking.

Good job! You have a nice "Jazz" tone to your voice. Uke has a nice ring to it too.

well done,,

Derry

Top Bottom