Terms, Chords, Theory and GOODIES!

ukeninam

Reaction score
Hello All!!! i'm totally new to everything ukulele but I look forward to meeting peeps on UU and to bombard you all with my UKULELE QUESTIONS teehee. I Just started my lessons and have been doing some
serious SUKE (soul+uke=suke) searching =p. Anyways I have been
practicing, studying, and researching at the libraries and on the net and
stumbled -believe it or not, searching for hotels in Hawaii because I'm planning to go for Christmas, i found a Hawaii Hotel site /ukulele site?? hahha i know perfect combo!!

well I don't know whether anyone has posted this site but here it goes
http://kauairainbow.com/Ukulele/Uke Home/uke_home.html

its got everything you really need to know about ukulele to get you started and to continue (in my opinion)

Terminology,chords, chord THEORY, scales, and a couple of songs!!
It also has information about traveling with your ukulele- you know because you can't leave home without it and to help prepare you for your WORLD UKULELE TOUR---when you become totally awesome!!!

most of the stuff on the site is quite informative not only to beginners but seasoned ukers , I've borrowed every ukulele book at my local library and its everything in the books on this site so I'll bet my money that everything on the site is good to go!!

Sammy (ukeninam)
SUKE (soul+uke=suke) searching =p

Last edited:
Sammy, I'm just curious as to how you came about choosing your username. I've seen it on a bumper sticker and spelled differently, but phonetically . . .

Last edited:
kanaka916, my username is sort of vulgar in the Ilocano language, a subset of tagalog since I am filipino =p haha me sharing the "real" meaning would mean that I was a vulgar person on the inside and out hahaha!!!

kanaka916, my username is sort of vulgar in the Ilocano language, a subset of tagalog since I am filipino =p haha me sharing the "real" meaning would mean that I was a vulgar person on the inside and out hahaha!!!

But to those who understand Ilocano, you are vulgar on the outside.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

Great! One more place for me to waste time. Not that that's a bad thing...The site looks interesting. Thanks.

But to those who understand Ilocano, you are vulgar on the outside.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

hahhahaha yes to those who understand Ilocano it should make sense and quite frankly make you a little giddy :p teehee!!! right on with the ilocanos up in here then hahahah!! but to be honest I'm not vulgar at all....maybe there is something wrong with that!!

Sammy, I am a complete newbie (my first ukulele is arriving in the mail today! :D), and that site you posted is fantastic! Thanks so much, I have a feeling that it will come in very handy. :)

Amy

Yea, that's :cool: Most of Filipinos in the 808 are from Norte. I actually did a double take on that and I said "No Wayz". I do admire your originality incorporating uke in to it. Everyone I know is vulgar is some fashion or another. So don't sweat it. BTW, this is the bumper sticker I saw when I was home:

OOOO
Key
Knee
Nahm

Last edited:
Top Bottom