Kala Ukadelic Ukuleles (Anyone Have One Or Tried One?)

Leodhas

Reaction score
Has anyone played one of these bonnie looking things, I really want the Tartan model but ironically no place in Scotland sells them ! You'd think Kala would have the Tartan (Plaid is what you throw over your shoulder) model on sale in at least one place in the whole of Scotland !( I'm moaning a wee bit but I'm fed up with the lack of ukulele choice in Scotland).

Anyway, I just want to know if this ukadelic range play well?

I have posted a picture I ripped off the uke republic website, aye it's a braw hing so it is !

plaiduku.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I asked a similar question but of the paisley one can't get them anywhere over here mate

I played one and was not impressed - but it all comes down to personal preference.

From what I've been told they aren't quite as good as the Watermelons/kiwi ukuleles but apart from that I can't help you

Ahh they are a lot of fun. Kala makes good instruments that are consistent.
I believe this was the ukulele of choice for Robert the Bruce and William Wallace. I've even seen evidence that the Picts may have invented the instrument:)

Should be back in stock next week with a few others.

I own a Kiwi and I a ukadelic and have played most ukadelics that are currently available. The ukadelics don't seem to be as nearly as loud as the watermelon/kiwi, and the have a more hollow sound. If you like a melow/hollowish plucky sound- the ukadeleics may be for you. They are quite lovely in looks. For half the price, the dolphins sound much louder and more bell-like. But I'd love to hear what others have to say. :)

Being Scottish i love it. Not played one and there isn't much ukulele (if any) dealers here in Scotland.

Top Bottom