Thinking of buying a Flea

GForce83

Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting in an order for a Flea. Probably concert sized.

I've been playing my cheap crappy uke for a couple of months now and have decided to make the move onwards and upwards. I've heard great reviews of the Fleas and Flukes and wanted to know if anyone has one and would reccomend it?

Specifically wanted to know if I should upgrade to the Rosewood fretboard? Also, I've only played soprano sized ukes before but have been thinking of moving to concert sized.

Any advice guys?

concert tiki flea ukulele, rosewood fretboard..

cant go wrong

I dont own one, but from what I can gather the rosewood fretboard upgrade is a must. The plastic tends to wear down apparently, but they do replace them F.O.C.

lots of info. on these forums - use the forum search above- very handy - I did a quick search on flea and got a similar thread to what you have been asking about.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536&highlight=flea

hope it helps. HF m8 :)

Last edited:
Eh, from what I've heard the plastic fretboard is excellent. It only wears down with wound strings, and I've not saw many wound ones for concerts.

It only wears down with wound strings
I am sorry but this is not true.

Of course, wound strings will eat through your plastic fretboard like a mouse through cheese (Aquila concert low-G has a wound bass string), but regular plastic ones (Aquila, Worth) cause wear as well. After 8 months of use, mine has noticeable fret wear even beyond the most used frets.
I believe Fleamarket Music indeed replace the fretboard for free, but I wonder how this goes outside the US and A.

Top Bottom