PDA

View Full Version : Cdim!!!

Kazzthemurse
08-18-2011, 12:42 PM
I know this has probably been asked before, but I can't get over Cdim. every time I try to make the 2323 hand position, my had cramps up 3 strums in, and I feel like I'm going to force my fingers through my fetboard. Any tips to get over this? Or should I just keep trying for that finger position?

SailingUke
08-18-2011, 12:52 PM
I know this has probably been asked before, but I can't get over Cdim. every time I try to make the 2323 hand position, my had cramps up 3 strums in, and I feel like I'm going to force my fingers through my fetboard. Any tips to get over this? Or should I just keep trying for that finger position?

I use a barre chord. Index, middle and 3rd fingers. Seems to be much easier for me.

808boy
08-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Aloha Kazzthemurse,
Keep at it, you'll get it. Repetition is the best teacher. It feels awkward now but it'll become second nature later. Maybe a larger size uke may help(concert, tenor)? Good luck and don't give up........................BO..................

uke4ia
08-18-2011, 01:32 PM
I bring my thumb around from the other side to get the G string.

23skidoo
08-18-2011, 02:11 PM
hold the chord position for 30 seconds..... don't strum or apply a lot of pressure - just hold the chord position with the left hand. Release it and stretch your hand a few seconds, the do it again, trying to get your fingers in position as a unit, or at least as quickly as possible. Do this for a few minutes each time you pick up the instrument whenever you're trying to learn a difficult fingering. A friend taught me this trick for learning awkward guitar chords and it really seems to help me develop muscle memory a lot quicker.... give it a shot.....

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
08-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Try rotating your wrist away from your body. Your fingers should align vertically a little easier...

carolani
08-18-2011, 03:24 PM
I was having a really hard time with that one too. Just keep at it. It gets easier. It's all muscle memory.

itsme
08-18-2011, 04:06 PM
I don't have a problem with that chord at all. Then again, I also play classical guitar and am used to using all my fingers. :)

One or 2-finger chords are a breeze, a 3-finger one now and then is doable, then you get hit with a bunch of 4-finger chords in a row and you're mind blown by suddenly being expected to use all your fingers at once.

It does take a bit of precision to be able to hit a 4-finger chord on the fly, but keep at it and eventually it'll be second nature. :)

Kazzthemurse
08-18-2011, 04:08 PM
lol I can barely do F to G chord change on the fly let alone Cdim! It takes me almost 2 minutes to get my fingers right so that the strings don't buzz or aren't muted!

Kazzthemurse
08-18-2011, 08:57 PM
practiced for about a half hour tonight, and my fingers are starting to get used to the positioning, and started practicing switching from Cdim to Dm7.

barefootgypsy
03-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm also struggling with Cdim. But it won't BEAT me! It's good to find all these tips - brilliant. Thanks to you all for the help you give! :)

stevepetergal
03-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Do it till it hurts, but no longer. Go back and do it later.

Ask a fireman how to get to Carnegie Hall. You know what he'll tell you? "Practice practice, practice."