Cdim!!!

Kazzthemurse

Reaction score
I know this has probably been asked before, but I can't get over Cdim. every time I try to make the 2323 hand position, my had cramps up 3 strums in, and I feel like I'm going to force my fingers through my fetboard. Any tips to get over this? Or should I just keep trying for that finger position?

I know this has probably been asked before, but I can't get over Cdim. every time I try to make the 2323 hand position, my had cramps up 3 strums in, and I feel like I'm going to force my fingers through my fetboard. Any tips to get over this? Or should I just keep trying for that finger position?

I use a barre chord. Index, middle and 3rd fingers. Seems to be much easier for me.

Aloha Kazzthemurse,
Keep at it, you'll get it. Repetition is the best teacher. It feels awkward now but it'll become second nature later. Maybe a larger size uke may help(concert, tenor)? Good luck and don't give up........................BO..................

hold the chord position for 30 seconds..... don't strum or apply a lot of pressure - just hold the chord position with the left hand. Release it and stretch your hand a few seconds, the do it again, trying to get your fingers in position as a unit, or at least as quickly as possible. Do this for a few minutes each time you pick up the instrument whenever you're trying to learn a difficult fingering. A friend taught me this trick for learning awkward guitar chords and it really seems to help me develop muscle memory a lot quicker.... give it a shot.....

Try rotating your wrist away from your body. Your fingers should align vertically a little easier...

I was having a really hard time with that one too. Just keep at it. It gets easier. It's all muscle memory.

I don't have a problem with that chord at all. Then again, I also play classical guitar and am used to using all my fingers. :)

One or 2-finger chords are a breeze, a 3-finger one now and then is doable, then you get hit with a bunch of 4-finger chords in a row and you're mind blown by suddenly being expected to use all your fingers at once.

It does take a bit of precision to be able to hit a 4-finger chord on the fly, but keep at it and eventually it'll be second nature. :)

lol I can barely do F to G chord change on the fly let alone Cdim! It takes me almost 2 minutes to get my fingers right so that the strings don't buzz or aren't muted!

practiced for about a half hour tonight, and my fingers are starting to get used to the positioning, and started practicing switching from Cdim to Dm7.

Do it till it hurts, but no longer. Go back and do it later.

Ask a fireman how to get to Carnegie Hall. You know what he'll tell you? "Practice practice, practice."

Top Bottom