What kind of Case do you use for your Ko'Aloha Sceptre?

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Okay, so this a pretty tight thread, but I still need to know:

What kind of case you you use for your Sceptre?

Mine is currently in a Uke Crazy polyfoam tenor case - which makes three of these cases I have.

The instrument barely fits in a Kala Tenor hard Shell case - neck support is too high, so the instrument is tilted in the case, and probably needs at least 1" of padding behind it.

I have the same issue with the Fremont rectangular case - padding needed, or the instrument tilts, and isn't as snug as my Kala tenor.

Brian said that he has heard ProTec makes a case that fits, but hasn't used it and said it is quite expensive. He aslo said he'd heard of a Japanese Company, Marue, who makes a case to fit.

Any experience or suggestions?

thanks in advance!

.........-Kurt

Kurt,

I have mine in an older model Koolau case. It fits nicely in there. However, I think you're going to have issues with most cases for the Sceptre because the body is so thin. You might want to put a micorfiber towel under the body to raise it up and that should take care of your neck issue.

i'm interested in what y'all come up with. i'm getting one soon with a case, but it wouldn't hurt to see what others are doing. has anyone thought of contacting koaloha and getting their recommendations?

They don't make a 'special' case for that uke?
How about have Nancy knit you up a modified version of the hana hou as a Sleeve so that it does't slide around in the hard case. Just a thought.

i'm interested in what y'all come up with. i'm getting one soon with a case, but it wouldn't hurt to see what others are doing. has anyone thought of contacting koaloha and getting their recommendations?

I talked to Brian at Ko'Aloha, and incorporated his comments into my original post. He did say that he likes Fremont cases, even though here is a lot of padding required.

They don't make a 'special' case for that uke?
How abot have Nancy knit you up a modified version of the hana hou as a Sleeve so that it does't slide around in the hard case. Just a thought.

Nope, no special case for it.

We're currently talking about a fabric run to pick up a yard or two of microfiber, and see how that goes. Nancy's behind on about 3 or 4 knitting projects right now, so the hana hou sleeve will have to wait. (I'm still waiting for the Alpaca scarf I was supposed to have last winter...) besides, you and she need to discuss dryer felting, since we have a front loader.

..-Kurt

.......- kurt

Top Bottom