Broken Pinapple

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Super excited to receive my Komoa solid mahogany pineapple only to find a huge crack in the front. Very bummed.

The only good thing is the AWESOME service of Larry's Music on Kauai. I emailed a letter and a pic and got a response within three minutes that they'd ship me another one tomorrow. They go above and beyond for the customer!!!

. . . and now the wait begins again!

-Gary

Bummer! I can imagine the excitement and anticipation you felt unboxing it, only to have your heart sink when you saw the big crack. :(

Was the box mangled in shipment? Was the uke well packed?

Otherwise I don't know what could account for a big crack just spontaneously happening. Coming from Hawaii to California in a few days, it shouldn't have been subjected to any real extremes in heat/humidity that would seriously affect it like that.

photo-1.jpg

... here's a pic of the crack. It looks like they set something heavy on top of it and caved it in.

Bum, that looks bad,
Wow, The service that Larrys music gave to you was pretty impressive
to get back to you so quick
and to ship out another Ukulele.

Whoa. I receive lots of ukes by mail and I've never had any damage. <knocks on wood>

Yeah, calling that a "crack" is kind of misleading (because people so often associate a cracked uke with one that has been allowed to dry out). That's obviously been crushed - the "crack" doesn't even follow the grain! Must have been shipped via United Parcel Smashers...

Was it double boxed or in a case and single boxed? Either of those + lots of padding and it should have been fine.

Yeah, calling that a "crack" is kind of misleading (because people so often associate a cracked uke with one that has been allowed to dry out). That's obviously been crushed - the "crack" doesn't even follow the grain! Must have been shipped via United Parcel Smashers...

Poor terminology. Sorry, I'm new to the uke world. I was wondering why Itsme was asking about temperature and humidity, but you're right it was majorly CRUSHED. From the way it splintered, you can tell a lot of pressure was exerted on the bridge. It was shipped with a lot of padding in a single box. I have to ship a uke tomorrow and it's definitely getting double boxed.

-Gary

Bummer :( At least though they are planning to rectify the situation! Now the long wait begins, and waiting is the hardest part!

Top Bottom