PDA

View Full Version : Broken Pinapple

gyosh
08-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Super excited to receive my Komoa solid mahogany pineapple only to find a huge crack in the front. Very bummed.

The only good thing is the AWESOME service of Larry's Music on Kauai. I emailed a letter and a pic and got a response within three minutes that they'd ship me another one tomorrow. They go above and beyond for the customer!!!

. . . and now the wait begins again!

-Gary

itsme
08-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Bummer! I can imagine the excitement and anticipation you felt unboxing it, only to have your heart sink when you saw the big crack. :(

Was the box mangled in shipment? Was the uke well packed?

Otherwise I don't know what could account for a big crack just spontaneously happening. Coming from Hawaii to California in a few days, it shouldn't have been subjected to any real extremes in heat/humidity that would seriously affect it like that.

gyosh
08-18-2011, 04:01 PM

... here's a pic of the crack. It looks like they set something heavy on top of it and caved it in.

ukuloonie
08-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Bum, that looks bad,
Wow, The service that Larrys music gave to you was pretty impressive
to get back to you so quick
and to ship out another Ukulele.

Regster
08-18-2011, 09:21 PM

... here's a pic of the crack. It looks like they set something heavy on top of it and caved it in.

thats a huge crack!

SuzukHammer
08-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Whoa. I receive lots of ukes by mail and I've never had any damage. <knocks on wood>

OldePhart
08-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Yeah, calling that a "crack" is kind of misleading (because people so often associate a cracked uke with one that has been allowed to dry out). That's obviously been crushed - the "crack" doesn't even follow the grain! Must have been shipped via United Parcel Smashers...

Doc_J
08-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Was it double boxed or in a case and single boxed? Either of those + lots of padding and it should have been fine.

gyosh
08-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah, calling that a "crack" is kind of misleading (because people so often associate a cracked uke with one that has been allowed to dry out). That's obviously been crushed - the "crack" doesn't even follow the grain! Must have been shipped via United Parcel Smashers...

Poor terminology. Sorry, I'm new to the uke world. I was wondering why Itsme was asking about temperature and humidity, but you're right it was majorly CRUSHED. From the way it splintered, you can tell a lot of pressure was exerted on the bridge. It was shipped with a lot of padding in a single box. I have to ship a uke tomorrow and it's definitely getting double boxed.

-Gary

joeybug
08-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Bummer :( At least though they are planning to rectify the situation! Now the long wait begins, and waiting is the hardest part!