Rare Kala Archtop on Ebay!!!

hmgberg

Reaction score
Yet another greedy $%#* trying to take advantage of some sucker. :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hawaiian-Or...ltDomain_0&hash=item35b487f54c#ht_1245wt_1167

He's willing to take a beating on it, too! He'll sell it for $999.00, even though he paid $1,700.00 for it. Wow! What a guy.

I see these sell all over the place for $277.00. But, in truth, the one on Ebay comes with extras: strings, case; well then, it's really worth it. :drool:

If he really did pay $1700 that is extremely rare...

...extremely stupid but, none-the-less, extremely rare.

John

c'mon you guys. That's 24 carat gold binding dontcha know.

He he...even the starting bid price is higher than a brand new one. It amazes me how many people do this kinda stuff. No shame at all...

Here's the best part:

"Absolutely no returns - sold as is. Due to the handmade works from Hawaii!!!"

I can't believe I'm reading this! That isn't fraud surely this auction can be removed by ebay?

I cant believe my eyes.

Surely he could charge double.

I'll sell mine for only $899. First come, first served. :D

Last edited:
I see the price has dropped to a modest $299 (plus $80 shipping to Canada). Only a little over what most retail sellers offer it for...

To any of our islanders. What exactly IS $80 "true Hawaiian Tenor Strings"? I would be interested in seeing a set of those, and even buying a set if it will make my playing better.. ;)

I did message him and asked to see where I could get a set of $80 "True Hawaiian Tenor" strings. I truly would love to at least see a set of those.. ;)

I've asked him the following questions:

1. Where was it made and how do you know?
2. Did he buy it originally and if so, did he pay $1700.?
3. How does he know that strings cost $80. a set?

Should be interesting answers, if he answers...!!!

I'll keep you all posted.

I don't expect to get an answer. How would you answer those questions with any level of "convinceability" hehheh

Believe it or not, the guy DID answer my question, altho I still call "BS", lol.. and I quote, "The case were $50 and the strings were $30... It's so expensive over there." what ever that means... hahhahh.. I guess the $30 strings comes in a $50 case? <shrug> I still call BS even on the $30 set of strings tho.. About twice what a good set of strings cost me for my Gibson LP (and thats for 6 strings, lol).

Especially since he's got it in a $20 gig bag... not what I'd call a case at all.

-Kurt

Come on guys,...the mans gotta eat! :biglaugh:

He simply looking for a "Sophisticated Uninformed CaretaKER" of this rare gem!

......a.k.a: S U C K E R! :rotfl::uhoh::rotfl:

Last edited:
I've asked him the following questions:

1. Where was it made and how do you know?
2. Did he buy it originally and if so, did he pay $1700.?
3. How does he know that strings cost $80. a set?

Should be interesting answers, if he answers...!!!

I'll keep you all posted.

Here is his answer. Evidently, he's trying to say he paid $80. for the case and strings on top of the $1700. he allegedly paid. Geeeeesh:

"I bought this in Hawaii..., (I don't see any other label where it is made) this is the price that they charged. and case and strings all together with tax came up to around $80. Thanks for the concern."

Top Bottom