Alright I got it! "I'll see you in my dreams"

bynapkinart

Reaction score
I posted a video last night that wasn't too well received because I did a poor job of recording half of a good song...so I went ahead and tried to record the entire song as well as I could. I promise this is the last you'll hear this song from me; this is the fifteenth take. I'm kind of sick of recording it at this point.

I know the uke part isn't perfect, even though I tried very hard. Let me know what you think though! Also, I'll take suggestions for the next video...I think it would be kind of cool to learn new things, and I'm fresh out of ideas. If any of you have any ideas that you think would sound good with my uke/vocal combo, let me know!

Even if you don't, thanks for listening. I actually put work into this one. I'm not just trying to gain karma, I'd just like to see what you guys think of the uke and performance...you all know much more about the sound of a uke show than I do, and I'm just trying to catch up. Any pointers would be very appreciated! Thanks for watching, and sorry I didn't post this one instead of the one yesterday!

Hey, I didn't think yesterday's was so bad - just that the sound was so sweet I wanted to hear a "full performance".

Practice makes perfect! Congratulations.

Classics that come to mind for the next: "Lazy River" - "Me & My Shadow" - "On a Coconut Island" - "Sleepy Lagoon" - "There Will Never Be Another You" - "Tonight, You Belong to Me".

Love it, sounds great and I didn't see the one yesterday so I can't say, but this one is really good!

Joey

no problems with that. don't so hard on yourself.

i quite enjoyed in fact.

Cheers

Cliff

Thanks all! I wasn't trying to sound hard on myself, I just know that Dirk wanted to hear the entire thing the other night and I kind of teased everyone with a job half done...so I just wanted to finish it up. Ukulele is probably my favorite recording instrument now, it was so easy to set up the mics to get great sound, it is very easy to mix, and its fun! I'm going to try to learn a new song every week or two and record as I go, just because I think it would be fun. I'll take suggestions as always.

But thanks for all the compliments! I like this board, even though I don't post as much as I should I lurk on here at least a dozen times a day. You all sure love this little instrument, and it rubs off :)

This is really well done. You sing and play very nicely! Do you have a chord chart for this song?

Well, I enjoyed it. Agree it was well done.

That was awesome dude! I loved it.

Aloha bynapkinart,
Well done, enjoyed it very much. Voice, ukulele sound and playing all good. Keep'em coming..................BO.............

Thanks again all! csr5z, I used dominator's uke tab for it because it seemed the most accurate and closest to the version played at the Concert for George, which is when I fell in love with the tune.

Lovely. Sexy voice. Nice balance in recording. Unless it's a privacy issue, it'd be nice to see your face as you sing.

Haha thanks! No, it wasn't a privacy issue, I couldn't prop the iPod up high enough to get my face. I'd rather you see my face than my pale legs :rolleyes:

great! i have been practicing that one as well..not near as clean as yours though..more practice! as far as ideas, check out ukesterbrown.com, he has lots of oldies with tabs and playing examples. have fun!

I think that was great! Love the voice! Very mellow.

Thanks! You guys are awesome, such an outpouring of support! I'm recording tonight too, I think I'll do a song by George...you'll all get to see it when its done. I'll make sure the face happens, too.

Great job! One of my favorite songs and you nailed it!

Top Bottom