Soft Sounding First String

rockstaravenue

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum.
I can't find anything related to the problem which I am facing now, hence the new thread.

The problem I face is a soft sounding first string.
When I play songs like the chorus of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", the part where you play the 14 0 11 0 chord, my first string doesn't seem to sound loud enough.
Same goes for the fast strumming ending part of "Blue Roses Falling", whereby there's the 0 2 0 2 notes off the first string, I can't seem to hear it...

Is it a problem with my strumming technique?

I appreciate any advice which you all can give me.

Thanks in advanced~!

when playing that high on the fretboard, it depends on the way you strum the strings. I'm guessing that the E-string is very prominent sounding when you play Gently Weeps during the fast part.

A simple remedy on that would be strum more towards the bridge of the uke rather than over the sound hole. It'll soften the louder, open strings and give more of a ring on the fretted strings.

Hi cMeJilla

Yeah your suggestion actually works. By giving more room between the fret and the point when you strum, will actually make the volume louder.

Thanks for your tip~!

I think I'll also try to fine tune my downward strum.
I find that sometimes I am able to make the first string ring loud enough, even when I strum over the sound hole.

I appreciate any other advice that the others can give me too..

Peace~

Top Bottom