song writing challenge

kalmario

Reaction score
Just Curious, any song writing challenges on the horizon?

would be keen myself.

Cliff

How about a lyric writing challenge? I've been working on an original tune, actually more of just a funky chord progression at this point, but I'm a bit blocked coming up with lyrics. I suppose I could turn this into a contest of sorts. Any ideas on how we could structure this?

I would love to participate in something like this! I find that my creativety thrives under "assignment" conditions... Perhaps we could start out with some kind of theme, such as love, heartbreak, etc. or maybe one lyric that we all have to use? I am curious to see what other suggestions people have. This should be fun!

@isismarina I'm the same way anymore , i need some sort of motivation.

@dougf I like the idea. its a good way to hold a contest, a lot of folks aren't up to the challenge or recording videos and such like many contests are based, but anyone who can type can participate.

here is an idea- how about make a video with a song without any lyrics in it and the contestents have to write lyrics based on the images in the video? It could be very funny, depending on what images you put up with the music and what people come up with. ;)

Great ideas, but rather than hijack this thread, I've opened a new one, "lyric writing challenge".

Top Bottom