What Is Your Daily Player?

Mandarb

Reaction score
Most of us here have multiple ukes but what is your daily player? You know - the uke that when you open the case your heart goes pitter patter.

For me it is my Kamaka HF-3. I think it sounds great and it is a really pretty uke with some nice curly koa. It is the uke that I play everyday and that I travel with if it is going to be a fairly safe environment - not too many kids running around or where I would have to leave it sitting out in the hot sun all day. It is the uke that I wail on at home pretending that I can actually play and the uke that I will take to a party or social gathering so I can quietly fingerpick random chord progressions in the backround.

Don't get me wrong - I love looking at and hearing all kinds of ukes and I dream about various custom ukes made with some nice wood. However, my Kamaka will always have a special place in my heart.

So - what is your daily player?

the uke i always reach for is my black lava fluke tenor neck, i love it both for its looks and for its sound, it comes camping and walking with me, if i want a serious strum that is my weapon of choice, if it died or got lost i would not hesitate to buy another, i will always be loyal to my fluke, if i do stray, i always come back to her sweet dulcit tones

Lately it's my Kamaka concert. For some reason, it's the one I've been grabbing off the wall and strumming when I just need a pick me up. I think it's finally settled down as far as getting the tuners dialed in, and it's opened up in sound. It's just a happy little machine.

My Makala tenor is still my fave. Have a Mainland Mahogany Concert but the Makal was mty first "proper" (ie not £15 mahalo) uke and it's still the one I feel most comfy with :eek:

Lately it's been my mahogany Mainland, but I've been feeling the pull of the 8 string...

Ever since I bought it from him,my Rob Collins
Meranti Soprano has been my 'main' ukulele.
I play the others in turn as I feel like it,but
the Rob C gets played every day!

The one I tend to grab the most is my Oscar Schmidt OU-2, but that's mainly because it's all laminated, didn't cost much and sounds good, so I leave it out of it's case leaning up against the wall, so it's the most accessible one.

Dan

my Gibson type 1 soprano <3

My re entrant tuned Yamaha Guitalele is my current go to Uke. Lots of possibilities to explore!

Tom

I came back from the Islands with a Leolani 'travel' concert from the Stadium Swapmeet.

In general, it's my newest acquisition. I do travel with my Kala Travel Soprano and my Applause Acoustic.

My 1948 Martin 0.

I play my Kala spruce top the most because I'm working my way towards being good enough to play my Kamaka HF-3. My next UAS purchase is going to be something in a Super (longneck) Concert w/pick up.

I have a cheap Savannah soprano that is always next to my couch. It gets picked up during commercials so I tend to play it a lot haha

I play my Kala spruce top the most because I'm working my way towards being good enough to play my Kamaka HF-3. My next UAS purchase is going to be something in a Super (longneck) Concert w/pick up.

Does not matter how good you are - play the heck out of that Kamaka!

Pono Mahogany Baritone. Great all around jazz and swing ukulele. Fast neck and nice size and feel.

I'll keep that HF-3 warm for you until you decide you're good enough for it! :)

Top Bottom