Ukulele apps

Aiki Uke

Reaction score
Any cool uke related apps for android or iOS devices?

I just discoverd Ukulele Fretboard (http://goo.gl/OhCxK) looks to be a handy tool.

I can only speak for iOS

I found a few great iPad apps

For tuning: PerfectTune $3.99. Visual tuner for us with less than a perfect ear. Good for lots of instruments

For chords: Chords4ukes and Uke Fingers. Both free.

For songs: SongBook ChordPro $5.99. You can import tons of songs from Chordie.com or you own library. Easy modifying, transposing and shows chords with alternative fingering.

Also, you can put PDF's into Nook reader or most ebook apps.

Last edited:
For iOS:

Ukuchords (free) is great as a chord book. To tune, I use the chromatic tuner that comes with the Gibson Learn & Master Guitar Application (free).

EDIT: I just looked on the app store and can't find Ukuchords, it must have been removed for some reason.

Grab a gStrings tuner. It's 100% free, and uses sound. It's really accurate and has a good number of features.

I can see it all now, so clearly, a world-wide (or at least nation-wide, state-wide, county-wide, or city-wide) ukulele gathering with many makes and models of ukes and a host of iPads, Android Tablets, Nook Colors, etc! (Perhaps a few paper-bound 3-ring binders)

We could share .pdf files wirelessly, or someone with a laptop and the appropriate cords could let us copy/paste our files to each others' SD cards!

Wow! Getting excited just thinking about it.

Keep uke'in' and 'tableting' everyone!

Peterson Strobosoft tuner More accurate than my Snark clip-on. (A little pricier than others, but by far the best IMO)

Tab Toolkit Excellent for tabs / midi backing tracks on the go. I use GuitarPro 5 to write tab, so I can just transfer the tabs to my iPod touch.

Lots of great chord finder apps on the app store as well.

I will second Songbook. I've just started importing but I love many of the features like on the spot key transformations until I find a key with chords I can play, or a key my wife can sing in.

I have Music Path - Jake Shimabukuro. I look at it as a $15.00 one on one workshop with Jake that I can play over and over.

-Gary

Hey Gary, is that an Android app? I can't seem to find it in the market.

After the first response mentioning PDFs on a Nook, I discovered I can transfer all sorts of text and PDF files to my Kindle. I'm gonna load that puppy up with tabs now! Thanks for the inspiration!

Ebooks apps are a great for stashing songs, not to be lost. Screen size isn't as nice as paper for old eyes.

I loaded Ukulele Fretboard a while back. It can be pretty helpful. There I am sitting in the lunchroom at work, trying to figure out what the chord was in that song- you also see alternate voicings of all kinds of chords.

Dropbox is handy to store tabs and mp3s across all your devices.

is there any way you can get these on a kindle or on a nokia N8 smart phone?

I checked out On The Music Path for the iPad and was really impressed. Ended up buying Jake's course (of course), and have been getting a lot of enjoyment out of it. The price made me hesitate, but I figured I was getting the same amount of content vs a DVD (over 70 minutes), PLUS all the notation and other goodies. The ability to slow down and watch his fingers is really nice too.

If you have an iPad, be sure to check out this app.

Top Bottom