FS: 1973 Kamaka white label soprano, cheap!

Moller

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm selling my Kamaka soprano white label from 1973.
It has quite a couple of scratches and dings (if not it wouldn't be a vintage uke ), but still a very handsome koa uke! It also has what appears to be 2 stable 2 cm thin hairline cracks on the front. They won't need any reapirment. But there is a 10 cm thin hairline in the crack that might need a repair somewhere along the road. I haven't felt the need to repair it yet.
Completely straight neck, and just fine intonation. Pretty good shape considering the age.

It plays very well, especially when strummed, you can almost hear the gentle waves of Hawaii. I'm selling because i'm getting more interested in picking instead of strumming, and would like something with a sharper sound - this kamaka is very mellow.

Charging about 200$ which i think is pretty cheap for such an instrument as a kamaka, even though it's not mint. Could also be traded for a solid wood tenor or soprano if the right offer came along, but i don't see that happening.

pictures to come! (soon hopefully, can't find the damn docking station for my camera)

welcome to UU, I can't wait to see pics...where you located?

The strings are old, but not original, and i've changed the a string to a martin string. I'm located in Denmark, so i don't have access to anything else that d'addario normally, so martin strings had to do when i picked it up in USA.

I might include a soft-bag, but regrettably i don't have a hard case.

The strings are old, but not original, and i've changed the a string to a martin string. I'm located in Denmark, so i don't have access to anything else that d'addario normally, so martin strings had to do when i picked it up in USA.

I might include a soft-bag, but regrettably i don't have a hard case.

What were you thinking for shipping cost to the U.S.? PM'ing you a zip code.

I don't have any idea about shipping rates, but as far as i can see by just looking very quickly at the danish post-office website, it should be around 45$ to USA.

But think of it as an estimate, because i'm not a 100% yet. Would it be ok if it's going to cost 45$ ?

I don't have any idea about shipping rates, but as far as i can see by just looking very quickly at the danish post-office website, it should be around 45$ to USA.

But think of it as an estimate, because i'm not a 100% yet. Would it be ok if it's going to cost 45$ ?

Sounds about right given the distance. Thanks.

i don't seem to be able to upload my pictures to a post (size?) so give me your e-mail and i'll send them!

Edit: oh, i got one! but i got 6 more or so... i'll need an e-mail.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Top Bottom