Eric Clapton's Uke is for Sale on Ebay

Yeah, if I hit the lottery this weekend I just may.

You'd think he could afford real MOP inlays. :/

Hmmm. Although undeniably a great guitarist, EC is not generally known for his uke prowess. Just because he's famous doesnt make it 7-8 times more valuable. It would be like, "Hey, it's Dick Cheney's Makala Dolphin! $10,000 please." However, that does sound more interesting...

Besides, looks like it's been for sale before back in Feb 2011.

http://ukulelian.blogspot.com/2011/02/buy-eric-claptons-ukulele.html

For years EC has donated/sold many of his instruments at auction for charitable purposes - specifically Crossroads. It's one thing to bid $6,500 at an auction to help EC, but I think that it's another thing to bid $5,000+ for an over priced uke or other instrument on ebay after the fact, because it was previously owned by EC. But then again, someone with money to burn may want a piece of history - an instrument that was owned by a musician priously known as the guitar god (those senior citizens among us that remember the days of Cream, when EC played a Les Paul).

One time my wife, daughter and i were on holiday. I was a guitar player then, i am now a ukulele (and very part time) guitar player. Anyhoo this one time i missed my guitar so i decided to buy a cheap acoustic till i got back to mine. When we returned home i auctioned the guitar on ebay, i believe it made £100. I made a better ad than this, detailed photos and detailed description.

Hmmm. Although undeniably a great guitarist, EC is not generally known for his uke prowess. Just because he's famous doesnt make it 7-8 times more valuable. It would be like, "Hey, it's Dick Cheney's Makala Dolphin! $10,000 please." However, that does sound more interesting...

Besides, looks like it's been for sale before back in Feb 2011.

http://ukulelian.blogspot.com/2011/02/buy-eric-claptons-ukulele.html

Didn't Dick Cheney bite the head off his Makala Dolphin? Or something like that anyway...

Didn't Dick Cheney bite the head off his Makala Dolphin? Or something like that anyway...

Urban myth. Oddly, it was Sharon, not Ozzy Osborne who bit the head off a Dolphin. Oh, and it had Aquilas. Just anticipating the universal next question.

Top Bottom