Hard case users: Has anyone tried this strap system "backpack"?

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
A company called BackAxe makes a strap system that permits its user to carry a hard case like a backpack.

attachment.php

Elderly Instrtuments is selling them.

I'm curious about this strap system and I was wondering if anyone here had heard of this one or had tried it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Looks like a fair amount of trouble to deal with 'cause you have to take it off to open the case, then put it back on. I love being able to sling my bass on my back to make a single trip from car to setup - but it's a short walk and I'd probably just make two trips before I'd mess with something like this.

Just my $0.02.

John

I haul my guitar around on my bike quite a bit. I am pretty sure it would not do well in the gig bag on my back if I go down. This might be safer for the guitar, if kind of heavy. But then I started thinking about getting a little trailer, when I thought about what might happen to me with a guitar strapped to my back if I go down.

I strap my uke on the rack on the back of my bike and don't worry about it at all.

why not just buy a case with straps on it already, i know hard cases don't normally come with straps but you can get some semi hard cases that are quite strong

I ordered one...I'll let you know how well it works once I get it. I got it for my Ameritage tenor case...amazing case but pretty heavy and didn't want to drill into it to install their backpack straps.

According to their website, the first time you put it on you have to adjust the size so it fits the case...from that point on, it's just buckling 2 buckles...seems like it should be pretty easy and quick to put it on/off the case.

Top Bottom