For those with Kala Acacia ukulele's.

Uk3player78

Reaction score
My Kala Acacia concert was my first decent solid wood ukulele, i have since got my Ohana SK35G. When i got the Ohana i compared it to my Kala and my first reaction was "this thing is so loud compared to my Kala". I'll be honest i've listed the Kala twice on ebay with a buy it now BUT ended before it sold (few watchers). I found a thread on this forum mentioning how quiet these ukulele's are so.... first attempt at fixing it was Worth browns as mentioned in the thread and... IT WORKED!!! I feel like contacting Kala as i'm sure a few acacia Kala owners have possibly sold their uke's without experimenting. I understand their thinking as well, Aquila = loud + a quiet uke.. still quiet?? sell. Worth strings i thank you i can now enjoy my uke as i should have from the start! BTW the Ohana is still louder but the volume between them is a LOT closer. I have updated another thread, the Ohana does NOT like Worths IMHO i tried it due to the double length and went back to Aquila's.

I have the Concert version and even though I like the mellow tone it'd be nice to see how it sounds with the Worth browns. Thanks for the info.

I've revived that thread a few days ago? How do you feel about taking a few systematic pics whilst you follow the steps buffing it? I'm sure it would help a lot of people

Top Bottom