"Something"....

bynapkinart

Reaction score
Because people asked...also, why not....

EDIT: It was a productive night! Here's another one that came out of the same take, this is another of my more recent favs, albeit played on mandolin on the original:

Hope you enjoy both!

Ben

Last edited:
Awesome job on all three of your vids, Ben. Excellent voice. I wish that I could sing like that. Keep em coming.

Nice......

Great videos! Love them both (and the other one you did a few days back) You have a great voice and play really well! And you mix them well (wish I knew how to do that!)

Thanks for sharing :D

Joey

Thanks all again! Joey, I really like your videos as well! You all are very talented.

nscafe, I'm recording into Logic Pro. I mixed the uke and vocals, and because the condenser mic catches a lot from the ukulele as well I added a compressor and a bit of reverb to both tunes' vocal tracks. They help keep the vocals from getting lost in the uke. The other video I did a couple of days ago, the Joe Brown cover, was just recorded into Garageband without any compression or EQ and about 20% track reverb on both to keep it from sounding too narrow and middy.

Basically I try not to alter the tone of the instrument (uke or voice) at all by layering effects over effects or anything like that, but in order to mix it alright I do have to throw one or two things over the original recording.

"Rise" is a little more "enhanced"(?) than either "Something" or "See You In My Dreams" because the uke got a little loud and I wasn't monitoring it as I was recording.

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's too much "stuff" going on, I'll try to limit it if it sounds overproduced :)

Last edited:
I'm curious where you got the chords, they look different from the version that I have? TIA, g2

Great job! I really enjoy listening to your songs. Great voice.

Thanks Phil! Gary, which song? "Something" tabs I think I got from Dominator, I can't really remember (I've had that down for a month or so, so I don't really remember where the tabs were). "Rise" was mostly improv based on the root chords of the song (G C D) to try and get the same feel EV got with the mandolin. I'll tab something up for you in a PM if you want it!

Good job, Ben!

Please keep posting. Look forward to many more. Thanks.

Your singing and playing is excellent. Do you play/sing professionally? I think you could. I enjoyed your videos very much.

once again, GREAT Voice! I really enjoyed it.

I'd be interested in the Rise tabs in a pm, too.

Thanks in advance!

Lou

Thanks again all! Alas, I'm not doing it professionally right now...working on it, though :)

Thanks! I'll try to post something consistently every week, if that sounds alright to everyone here.

Hey Ben, thanks for the tabs. Remember rule one of all professional artists, especially in times of recession. "Don't give up your day job" <g>.

Top Bottom