A case for KoAloha Sceptre tenor?

byjimini

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Took my Sceptre to Whitby to play on the fringe of the folk festival yesterday, and have found a slight problem. SouthernUkuleleStore kindly gave me a free case (well, I can't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere on the listing that it came with a case) when they sent it, and as lovely as it is, there's nothing to strap around the neck, so the uke is actually moving around in there when the case is zipped shut.

They have these in stock, does anyone else have one, or are there any other cases more suited to the Sceptre? I was thinking of just putting some bubble wrap in to cushion the uke, but when you're in a crowded pub, the last thing you want is to be holding the uke in one hand and trying to push in bubble wrap whilst zipping the case back up again. :(

I don't have a Sceptre yet, but I believe that one of the best cases you'll find for it is the case that Fleamarket Music sells for their tenor Fluke. I can't find a separate listing on their site right now, but here it is on Elderly Music:

http://www.elderly.com/accessories/items/FLUCASE.htm

I also don't know how easy these are to find in the UK. I know that many people get the Ko'olau/Oahu hardshell cases for them - the odd shape still fits in length & holds it securely. I'm pretty sure that a Reunion Blues Contintntal Tenor case would work well also.

I have the fluke tenor case - doesn't fit my sceptre.

Sorry to revive this, but has anybody found something that fits a tenor sceptre well? Mine bangs around in an Oahu case more than i would like to see.

Mine is in a uke crazy case. Black basket weave hard case. Real nice case and has a shoulder strap. It fits the sceptre perfectly and no movement at all. I can take some pics tomorrow of the sceptre in the case so you can see how well it fits if you want.

Mine is in a uke crazy case. Black basket weave hard case. Real nice case and has a shoulder strap. It fits the sceptre perfectly and no movement at all. I can take some pics tomorrow of the sceptre in the case so you can see how well it fits if you want.

Yeah that'd be great. At this point I'm ready to buy a buttload of foam rubber and felt. I love my sceptre and want to bring it out. I got it for the novelty of the design, but the amazing fretboard has me using it as my main uke.

I've already took the pics and will upload tomorrow night when I get in from work. No foam pieces needed.

I second this. Mine is kept in a Uke Crazy case and it is fine. I don't feel the need for extra rubber or whatever, and I am very protective of my ukes.

The main thing about the Sceptre is that it has a shallow body. I use one of those hard cases with the palm tree on it and find no need to use the neck strap. But indeed, it does not fit well because the body would move up and down without the neck strap. But after I put a t-shirt in the bottom of the body compartment to support it, the uke fit nice and snug. Not quite sure if that's the problem you're having though.

The main thing about the Sceptre is that it has a shallow body. I use one of those hard cases with the palm tree on it and find no need to use the neck strap. But indeed, it does not fit well because the body would move up and down without the neck strap. But after I put a t-shirt in the bottom of the body compartment to support it, the uke fit nice and snug. Not quite sure if that's the problem you're having though.

Similar problem. My case does not have a neck strap, and the shallow body further complicates the issue.

I have a kala basketweave uke crazy case, but I don't like how it fits the Sceptre. The Oahu case is a little longer and fits better. I have a folded microfiber cloth under the body, and one under the headstock, then I fold one lengthwise over the strings - there is zero movement. I even have room for a small humidifier above the headstock.

-Kurt

Here are some pics.
100_2786.jpg
100_2785.jpg
100_2784.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom