ukulele get together in swansea south wales uk

kaizersoza

Reaction score
would love to have a uke get together in swansea uk, but there are not many ukers from swansea, but if you are out there...somewhere lets get in touch and start playing together

Have you had any interest in a swansea uke get together? I might come along if you have.

Hey there. I would definitely be interested in coming to a group meeting of uke players. I have just bought one myself and am waiting for it to be delivered.
I have never played one before though so I will probably suck, but just having others to play with would be an amazing start for me. I am currently in Bristol living at home but I head back to Swansea on the 18th and would love to join in with a ukulele session XD
Feel free to add me on facebook
My name is Callam Lawless

yo doogle300, i only been playin for 3 months or so, a guy called rupes showed some interest and so has sto4, so who knows i'm up 4 it, i'm away this w/end but when i get back i'll add you on facebook, catch u soon, my name is richard gent if u want to add me before i get back

I'm pretty new to the ukulele, I play guitar, so I'm still getting to grips with the small scale and transposition of chord shapes. I I've had a cheap uke knocking around for a while, but only just got round to filing the nut and bridge down so it's playable.

Simon

yo sto, no problem m8, doogle is back in swansea on th 18th so once he gets sorted, we can agree on a place then we will get it on, speak soon
kaizer

Hi, I'm in Swansea and would be up for a jam. I am very much a novice though.

we need to find somewhere to get together, i am in the middle of renovating my house so if anyone got any ideas please post

Good one guys!! Sounds like you have the beginning of a Uke Group happening!! You'll have to think up a name now!! Swansea Ukulele Players or Band (SUP or B)? I am sure you'll come up with something cute. It is a great way to meet up with new people with a common goal - to become better players!

If you want more to join the group - see if your local paper will put in a free 'Join the Ukulele Craze' editorial (like our paper did here in Forster!) I've had 15 or more enquiries & now have 2 groups (beginners & betters) meeting up every week - usually about 5-6 in each group! A nice number! I was secretly hoping that someone that plays REALLY WELL would jump in & 'take over' the group, but that hasn't happened yet!!

I then asked our local Returned Soldiers Association (RSL - big club with concert facilities, restaurants, bars, etc) if they could 'lend' us a room for both groups once a week & as a 'community investment' they have said YES - for NO CHARGE! We just have to find alternate accommodation during school hols & so far just met up at my place or my neighbour (also bought a uke & joined!)

Bowling Clubs or even pubs often let ukers play, as they know that you will be buying drinks & possibly a meal afterwards. It also gets you used to playing in front of people, too.

I've just put together the Forster Jumping Fleas Songbook No 1 & showed it to the troups yesterday & they are thrilled with it - so working on No 2 now!! I've pinched all the songs from the internet or from other uke songbooks. I'll email a copy to you, Richard!

Cheers & all the best with your new uke group!

Roberta

hey Roberta, thanx for the uke songbook, some new songs on there for me to learn, i've sent you some songs back from my collection hope you enjoy

catch ya soon

richard

thread open again, Roblat got in touch and we are meeting up next week to get a plan underway so we can kickstart a uke group/meet in Swansea, if anyone interested please post so we can see how much interest there is locally thanx for takin the time to read the thread
kaizer

Good one guys!! Sounds like you have the beginning of a Uke Group happening!! You'll have to think up a name now!! Swansea Ukulele Players or Band (SUP or B)? I am sure you'll come up with something cute. It is a great way to meet up with new people with a common goal - to become better players!

If you want more to join the group - see if your local paper will put in a free 'Join the Ukulele Craze' editorial (like our paper did here in Forster!) I've had 15 or more enquiries & now have 2 groups (beginners & betters) meeting up every week - usually about 5-6 in each group! A nice number! I was secretly hoping that someone that plays REALLY WELL would jump in & 'take over' the group, but that hasn't happened yet!!

I then asked our local Returned Soldiers Association (RSL - big club with concert facilities, restaurants, bars, etc) if they could 'lend' us a room for both groups once a week & as a 'community investment' they have said YES - for NO CHARGE! We just have to find alternate accommodation during school hols & so far just met up at my place or my neighbour (also bought a uke & joined!)

Bowling Clubs or even pubs often let ukers play, as they know that you will be buying drinks & possibly a meal afterwards. It also gets you used to playing in front of people, too.

I've just put together the Forster Jumping Fleas Songbook No 1 & showed it to the troups yesterday & they are thrilled with it - so working on No 2 now!! I've pinched all the songs from the internet or from other uke songbooks. I'll email a copy to you, Richard!

Cheers & all the best with your new uke group!

Roberta

on the name thing Roberta roblat has come up with the name SUCAS:- Swansea Ukulele Chunkers And Strummers, also SWUKES South Wales Ukes, i came up with that one, if you can think of a good catchy one by all means please contribute in fact this could make a good thread lol

Too bad it's not Swansea, MA in the US. That's the next town over... :(

ukulele get together

Hi,
im a student in swansea, i been playing uke for about a year (still not very good tho) but am well up for meeting up with you guys for a jam share tabs ect. its so hard to find decent tabs on line!!

if your still searching for a meeting place id like to recomend the Rhydings pub in brynmill, the landlord there is really easy going, they got two rooms to the bar. I went there the other week with some friends with guitars and ukes and the landlord loved it. i can call in and ask if you like.

Let me know if you already got a meeting planned ill come.

you can add me on facebook. Christopher Parker

.... SUCAS:- Swansea Ukulele Chunkers And Strummers, also SWUKES South Wales Ukes,....

They are both good, Kaizer - but I think (personally) I prefer yours - it actually has Ukes IN the shortened name - which makes it easier to identify.

Good luck with the Pub venue at Rhydings pub in brynmill - that sounds a great idea! Take a couple of spare (cheaper) ukes along & let people try them out!

We're hoping to get a 'holiday' venue by giving free 1/2 uke lessons leading up to our sessions over the Xmas Break - to encourage the patrons to attend, as we lose our room over the holidays (it is used to entertain the kids) - so maybe make the same suggestion to the Landlord?? Also encourage you to eat there as well on the night you attend!

Good luck - hope you get a regular venue up & running soon.

Roberta

Hi,
im a student in swansea, i been playing uke for about a year (still not very good tho) but am well up for meeting up with you guys for a jam share tabs ect. its so hard to find decent tabs on line!!

if your still searching for a meeting place id like to recomend the Rhydings pub in brynmill, the landlord there is really easy going, they got two rooms to the bar. I went there the other week with some friends with guitars and ukes and the landlord loved it. i can call in and ask if you like.

Let me know if you already got a meeting planned ill come.

you can add me on facebook. Christopher Parker

Hi Christopher, looked for you on facebook but alas did'nt know which Christopher Parker you were, i have started a facebook page called Swansea Ukulele Club check it out and join up you are very welcome and we look forward to seeing you in the new year, don't worry about your playing skills because we have a few ideas up our sleeves so we can all improve together m8, roblat who is also a member on here has had a chat with the landlady of the rhyddings pub already as well as a few other venues around the city, so join up on our facebook page and if you want add me as a friend my name is Richard Gent, look forward to meetin up with you in the new year m8

.... SUCAS:- Swansea Ukulele Chunkers And Strummers, also SWUKES South Wales Ukes,....

They are both good, Kaizer - but I think (personally) I prefer yours - it actually has Ukes IN the shortened name - which makes it easier to identify.

Good luck with the Pub venue at Rhydings pub in brynmill - that sounds a great idea! Take a couple of spare (cheaper) ukes along & let people try them out!

We're hoping to get a 'holiday' venue by giving free 1/2 uke lessons leading up to our sessions over the Xmas Break - to encourage the patrons to attend, as we lose our room over the holidays (it is used to entertain the kids) - so maybe make the same suggestion to the Landlord?? Also encourage you to eat there as well on the night you attend!

Good luck - hope you get a regular venue up & running soon.

Roberta

Hi Roberta things are starting to take off , i have set up a facebook page though pretty basic hopefully it should attract some interest its temporarily called Swansea Ukulele Club check it out and join as well the more the merrier, we are hoping to start around early february just so as we can get christmas out of the way and it gives us a chance to get everything set up and a venue sorted out, also i have got to have an operation to remove my gall bladder in the new year coz its causing me no end of problems, age doesn't come alone eh!, the rhydding does sound like a good venue maybe we'll be able to sort some thing out , roblat is also looking at a number of other venues in that part of the city as well so we should get somewhere soon, i like some of your ideas as well about taking along some cheaper ukes for people to try, no doubt i will speak to you before but if i don't, you and your family have a very happy christmas and a prosperous and healthy new year also tight line when you are fishing as well

catch ya soon

richard

...called Swansea Ukulele Club on Facebook... Cool Richard!! Hadn't thought of doing that!!

Oooh - all the best with the surgery - hope it remedies the problem! Yeah, getting old ain't all it is cracked up to be, eh??

Tried my buddy's Mainland Red Cedar Concert yesterday - it really DOES have a lovely tone & nice & loud!

When you are up & running, I'll let my niece know where you meet up - we did a Happy Birthday Video for her, Keith, my nephew & me on uke & nephew's fiancee singing as well - hilarious! Nephew only learned that day, Keith learning uke for 2 weeks & me leading the troup!! :D She thought it hilarious - thought it explained a lot about our family's eccentricity!! LOL!

Take care, have a great Xmas & New Year
cheerio
Roberta

Top Bottom