NUD - Pono MHT

Lancejt

Reaction score
Got my "new" uke in this past week. It's a Pono MHT, at first I wasn't sure how to feel about this one. The craftsman ship is great, but it came to me with Ko'olau Golds on it. They were just a bit too dark for my tastes. Fast forward a few days and they have been replaced by Ko'olau Alohi's (wound 3rd).

Hooray, now it's great. It's amazing what an extra $6 can do to the sound of these instruments.

Anyways, rather than posting a single picture I recorded a sound sample and put the pictures in a youtube video.

Here you go...

What a Beauty!

Wow! Sounds great. Looks great. Keep hearing so many good things about Pono. I purchased their first ever concert (PC1) several years ago.Was REALLY disappointed with it. It was so timid and flat. Tried every set of strings imaginable Let "GREAT" players play it to see if it was just me. It was the uke. In the market for a new concert right now but am reluctant to try Pono. Having said that... it sure sounds like they may have gotten their act together. REALLY nice uke! Thanks for including the movie... nice touch!

Wow, love that Pono and the Alohi's. I got a MDC E a short while ago and I think it had worth clears on it. Was thinking about the Alohis, may try them on my concert.

I'm very pleased with the alohis it's like having some of the brightness from the nylguts i have on the cordoba but with the clarity of the clear type strings. I was surprised by their purpleness when I took them out of the package though.

I also put a set on that koloa baritone. That thing sings now that I got those Martin strings off it.

wound 4th too, or not?

Thanks for that music video - it was beautiful!

Top Bottom