Ukulele for Dummies.

philthy

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just purchased a copy of Ukulele for Dummies for my Kindle and I had not realized that it came with a CD or that I would not be able to play audio files on the Kindle (being very new to Kindle). So here I am, with no way of hearing the sweet sounds that I should be making. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a copy of the CD or audio files that come with the book. Mahalo!

Also, someone named Stefan replied to Woodshed's recent post on ukulelehunt.com the following:

"Regarding the digital copies of your book and the audio track: I contacted Wiley (the publishers) about purchasing the audio CD separately. They actually sent me the CD for free as a replacement. I told them i had purchased a copy for my Nook, so this was on their part and no subterfuge on mine. Just an FYI for those who like digital books but would like the audio parts."

I'm not sure if that will always be their policy but it's worth a shot.

I tried to download a copy to my iPad last night and I kept getting a messagie stating that the item was no longer available. Anyone else having this problem?

It loaded fine this morning, going to check out the videos right now.

Which is the best for learning. I know both will have their supporters, but, I'm on a limited income, so money wise I think the ebook is cheaper. Will I be able to learn as much?

This is an old thread, but I just found out from Wiley about this today. If you bought the ebook, you can go to http://booksupport.wiley.com and search for 'Ukulele' you can download the media files that would normally come with the print book.

This is stated in the front matter, but it is not very clear at all and I didn't realize it until someone from Wiley told me it was there.

-Scott

This is an old thread, but I just found out from Wiley about this today. If you bought the ebook, you can go to http://booksupport.wiley.com and search for 'Ukulele' you can download the media files that would normally come with the print book.

This is stated in the front matter, but it is not very clear at all and I didn't realize it until someone from Wiley told me it was there.

-Scott
That's worth knowing Scott, thanks... Having said that - does that include all the videos?

I bought the enhanced version on iPad. I love it. Beautifully clear explanations (thanks woodshed!) and sooooooooooo many media files including video, audio AND the 45 (?) min workshop. I didn't realize just how comprehensive it was when I bought it! This is set to become a classic IMHO . Seriously!

Bought a copy of Al's book a few weeks back. Just love it. Well worth buying as a lifetime reference. :)

My neighbour has a copy 'on the way' and I can't wait to check it out. It looks like it has a wealth of information in it - pretty well any question ever thought of, answered...... and more!

Cheers

Roberta

Alistair is one of the worthiest reps of the uke community and deserves everyone's support- also check out his ebooks on ukulelehunt.com

Cheers,
Christian

That's worth knowing Scott, thanks... Having said that - does that include all the videos?

I bought the enhanced version on iPad. I love it. Beautifully clear explanations (thanks woodshed!) and sooooooooooo many media files including video, audio AND the 45 (?) min workshop. I didn't realize just how comprehensive it was when I bought it! This is set to become a classic IMHO . Seriously!

I posted that at work, just got home and opened up the archive - it seems to only have 18 tracks in it, which seems quite incomplete. That makes me kind of sad :(

-Scott

I posted that at work, just got home and opened up the archive - it seems to only have 18 tracks in it, which seems quite incomplete. That makes me kind of sad :(

-Scott
Hmm yup - seems like that is the COMPLETE set of tracks for the standard book - not the (more expensive) enhanced version....

Just got my copy yesterday. Now I have Guitar For Dummies, Music Theory For Dummies, and now Ukulele For Dummies. All are great books.

I got the book. Much as I like my Kindle, I found it not so good for reference books. You need to jump about the book and the Kindle is not so good for that. I have Baz's book on my Kindle, though and that is fine. First off I read it through and now I just go the contents page to find what I want.

I had a minor problem with the CD. My Linux system kept saying it could not mount it. I think it could not decide if it was an audio or data file. It did, eventually open it as a data file in the file manager and I was able to transfer the audio files and the pdf with the track list on to my hard disk, so I have everything I need.

Top Bottom