Audio

Flycracker

Reaction score
Please show me how to record and play back. Just the simple way. No videos for utube, just voice.and Uke
Thanks
Rich
Just trying to find my voice. Seems I lost it some where along the long journey from high school to life in a retirement community.

Get a microphone for your pc, a simple desk top
one will do to start off.Download Audacity or any
other free recording program and you are all set!

Get a microphone for your pc, a simple desk top
one will do to start off.Download Audacity or any
other free recording program and you are all set!

Thanks, will check it out. I have a mike and my iMac has a built in mike. My iPad also has a mike that I use for talking to family on face time.
Recording escapes me.
Rich

There are many free programs on the net that claim to
be fully functioning recorders,although not all are what
they claim to be.Personally I have never got along with
Audacity but many users rave about it,so its worth a try!
Failing that,there are 'streaming recorders' that capture
sound from your mic or pc speakers,like Hi-Q Recorder or
Freecorder that will do what you want,just to let you hear
the sound you are making! Its all good so long as you are
making music,right?

If you have an iMac, you probably already have GarageBand installed, which is a perfectly usable recording app. Just plug in your mic, add a "real instrument" track, and tell GarageBand to use the mic as the input device.

Audacity is nice (and free) also. It's not my favorite for editing, but it doesn't sound like that's your concern.

Pete

You have an iPad... Garageband for that is capable as well... I use it for rough draft type stuff..

If you're on a Mac it's pretty easy using the built-in Mic. Open QuickTime Player and choose New Audio Recording from the File menu. Click the red button to start, click it again to stop. When you're done, save your file by choosing Export File from the file menu.

You can use the same program to do videos, just choose Video instead of Audio. It will even let you upload the videos to YouTube, Facebook, etc. using the Share menu.

Last edited:
Top Bottom