bluese uke

mal-c

Reaction score
Hi UU,I recently bought my first ukulele,a Kala TenorTravel uke and I am very pleased with it and already playing simple chords. My question is I love the blues and aventually would like to play it on a uke,can any one recermend an entry model that would be right for playing the blues on.As I have a tenor I thought mayby a concert ,would really apreciate your help Mak(UK)

I'm a beginner too and just bought a ukulele for "the blues" as well. I thought that getting a tenor would be a good choice, bigger body, sounds more like a guitar. Right now i am using a cheap entry level soprano, I do not recommend it as your next uke.
The eleuke looks like it would be a great next ukulele for electric blues, it's next on my list.
Andre

Hi Andre i would rather have acustic /electric ,I only just recieved my Kala travel tenor a few days agoM al (UK)

Go to you tube and find Pete Howlett playing Robert Johnson
stuff on a SOPRANO! The size has nothing to do with what you
play thats all down to your ability and your 'feel' for the music!

I love blues also. I picked up a used Cordoba 20TM-CE and put low g's on it.....love it. Although it's a "uke" I do want a little "growl" out of my "blues uke." I have my eyes out for a solid mahogany tenor that kind of resembles an old timey "parlor guitar" that the old blues men used to play (actually, they played anything they could get their hands on,.)

Mal, check out what UU member frankiej does with a US$99 Epiphone Les Paul (concert size).

Top Bottom