James Hill Ukulele Initiative Level 1 Training

Maiyah888

Reaction score
OMGOODNESS!

I had a great 2 days with 20 other JHUI Level 1 and 4 Level 2 trainees.

This curriculum Ukulele in the Classroom is so well-organized for teaching music through uke-ing, I'm just blown away!

It's certainly making my work with mixed level classes much easier and more rewarding.

Melanie Chalmers and James Hill provided great inspiration, we had super chemistry in our group and I feel like I've made 28 new friends!

Barry, James' dad and Ann, his girlfriend (plus her cello, Betsy) were also on hand.

My fellow trainees are adorable and amazing! Especially the 14 year old who's been playing for 5 years, teaching for 1 and built her own 6-string uke in Hawaii for her Spring Break!

Happy, though tired.

Are you a public school teacher? I'm thinking about trying to develop a program to reach out to kids with the goal of getting them more involved with school (through the ukulele). Would this program give me the basic skills to accomplish a program like this? Just looking for an opinion.

Thank you,

-Gary

Congratulations on what sounds like an amazing experience! Hill's dedication to passing on the love of music with ukulele is inspirational.

Please let us know how things go with your students!

That's great to hear, Maiyah - I'm heading out to the training in Nova Scotia tomorrow morning, can't wait!

Gary - this is primarily a teaching method to introduce kids to music, and to reading music, through ukulele. I'm not entirely sure what the focus of your curricula is, but I'm interested in hearing more. The uke (and music training in general) definitely offers a lot that can be taught concurrently or in addition to regular school.

~Mandalyn

I'm not entirely sure what the focus of your curricula is, but I'm interested in hearing more.

~Mandalyn

I'm thinking of capturing the "fringe" student. To get them interested in something that pertains to school and maybe . . . hopefully . . . get a student to re-engage with learning.

-Gary

Top Bottom