New uke day! & Kanilea serial number...

fabioponta

Reaction score
I received today my tenor kanilea K1 satin finish sent in great package by UU Member and friend Eric (AncientMatingCalls). It has a really loud and resonant sound! I found it with a very different koa, with a top and back part of the body with a black part (you could see in the photos). So, I decided that it will be called "Black Swan" tenor. It`s in transformation yet... It's an ugly-pretty uke!

I have a question about the serial: is about the year noted in the ukulele. The number can be seen in the photo below: SN: 0211-5511. It was made in February 2011? am I right? and is the production number of the year is 5511?

I saw this discussion about the serial Kamaka on the UU marketplace some weeks ago, but this Kanilea is more difficult to find some information... Some help?

DSC06876.jpgDSC06878.jpgDSC06879.jpgDSC06880.jpgDSC06882.jpg

I think you're correct on the serial number, but you can try what I did and call them up. In my case Bill answered and we had a conversation about the instrument I was considering, when and where it was made, and what kind of finish bracing and hardware it has. The fact that I could call them up and the main production guy answered the phone pretty much sold the instrument.

I believe you are right fabio. It makes perfect sense as I bought the uke brand new at the end of February of this year.

I really hope you enjoy it. It's hard to see it knowing its not mine, but good to know its got a good home.

God I love mine! It changed the way I look at Uke's. So complex and as I said before, fills the room with music. Congrat's on a super duper Uke!!!

Congrats! Great uke. I have a Kanilea 6 string K2 concert on my wish list

Top Bottom