My first ukulele

coryke

Reaction score
I'm so excited that my first ukulele arrived in the mail today. I got a Kamoa concert (high g). It sounds great.

I grew up playing brass instruments and piano, but never any stringed instruments. While in Kaua'i for vacation, I wandered into Larry's Music store - the one in Koloa - and thought the ukes there were beautiful. I knew I'd buy one as soon as I could convince my wife!

I was so excited when it arrived, I quickly taught myself Twinkle Twinkle for my two little girls (using a very rudimentary strumming pattern).

Did I mention I'm excited?

kamoa ukes are good ukes I got two of em. :D

Aloha coryke,
Welcome to UU and the forum. Congrats on your new uke. Enjoy it and always have fun with it..................BO..............

Congratulations! Can you show us a pic, I don't know what a looks like. How does it sound?

congrats! New ukes are fun! When are you getting your second? :)

Aloha,I believe you will have more than one in soon.:eek:

Congratulations! Can you show us a pic, I don't know what a looks like. How does it sound?

Thanks, all, for your replies and enthusiasm. I am loving this first week. Its sound is pretty mellow with just a touch of that typical twangy sound. It is quieter than I imagined, but that may have more to do with my current skill level than the ukulele itself.

@rem50 and birdamon - you're right that I'll likely have a second ukulele before long. I've already begun thinking about it. I like the idea of a tenor with a low-g as a nice second ukulele. Any recommendations? I have no criteria yet in mind, so anything would serve as a nice starting place for my search. Thanks.

Here's a pic of the Kamoa. I think it is really a good looking instrument.

kamoa ukulele.jpg

Last edited:
that is a nice uke cory, congratulations on your first and as stated above this will definitely not be your last, you have invested on an incredible journey of fun and music, where the friends you will make will be so warm and friendly

That's awesome!!! Congratulations on your new uke and welcome to the UU!!!

Top Bottom