New Kamoa - awesome service

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just opened a brand new Kamoa solid mahagony pineapple from Larry's music. Will post pix later, but wanted to share my customer service story. I originally bought a soprano (200-S) because in hanging around the store in Koloa I discovered the fret board was wide enough for my chubby fingers and I love the sound of a soprano. When I got home I was in Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto getting another uke set-up and mentioned I had just purchased a Kamoa. The guy at the counter wanted to check it out because he'd never played a Kamoa. After a couple of strums he said "the neck has a bow in it" (I couldn't tell by looking at it, I had to use a straight edge; he was GOOD). Anyhow, I called Larry's Music and told them what I had discovered and without question they sent out a new uke the same day. Since they didn't have the same uke in stock, they actually upgraded to the SM-P which I thought was extremely generous. When it arrived, the face was cracked from someone stepping on it (see "broken pineapple" thread). Through tears of sadness I photo'd the uke and sent it off to Joe and Georgine of Larry's Music. They replied within three minutes apologizing (for something they had no control over) and again sent out another uke that day. Anyhow, just received the newest replacement in perfect condition and wanted to write about their AWESOME customer service. I will buy another uke from them on my next trip. Will post pics when I get back from shipping back the original uke. :) Thanks for reading the long, long post.

-gyosh

Congratulations on your new ukulele! I hope this one's a keeper!

I bought my Kamaka tenor at Larry's Music. Sam, who is in the Kapa'a store, was very busy while I was in Kawai, and when I found Joe on a Sunday night at an ukulele booth at one of the hotels in Puipo Beach, he went out of his way to open the Koloa Town store on a Sunday evening and let me play any of the ukuleles in the store I wanted to play for almost two hours. He also arranged for me to come to the Kapa'a store the next day when he know Sam would be there so I could test out the ukuleles there, too, and he brought the Kamaka I'd picked out from the Koloa Town store so I could compare. To say that the customer service was great would be an understatement. While I was in the Kapa'a store, Sam showed me a few Kamoa ukuleles. They sounded very sweet, but I already had my heart set on a Kamaka.

I'm glad to hear you had great service from them. Joe and Georgine are amazing people (Sam is pretty great too!) and I had wonderful service from them when I got my first (my custom) Kamoa fiberglass case.

Top Bottom