My birthday present: Blondie!

GinnyT11

Reaction score
I'm working hard to be a really good beginner player, and it makes practice interesting to have a few different-sounding instruments. I choose based on sound, but I'm much influenced by aesthetics as well. For my birthday I got this Kala solid-lacewood soprano, and what a sexy girl she is! I've named her Blondie.

I LOVE the spotting, which you can also see on the wood inside. It makes me think she's wearing leopard-print spandex pants. And do you "like the way her sparkling earrings lie, against her fretboard, so brown"? I think she needs a red silk scarf around her headstock. And a cigarette...? No, too much metaphor!

This level of Kala is much better than its entry-level instruments, and I wish I could record for a sound sample for you. (I also wish I could play well for you.) I can report that with Aquilas and a spruce top, she sounds brighter than a mahogany or koa, with good projection. She also catches the eye from across the room and, in general, she's adorable.
whole.jpgfretboard.jpgbottom.jpgbody.jpg

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 38
Very nice. :)

I got that same one for my wife when she played for more than three months on her cheapie- I am certain she will be buried with it. 9 months later it has wear marks on the sound board and is still played lovingly every day- a great little soprano for sure

Nice! It's a great thing to love your uke.

Lacewood is very interesting for sure it looks lovely congratulations

Top Bottom