I Talk to the Wind (King Crimson) on tiple

uke4ia

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score

I was still in a prog rock mood after doing the Supper's Ready/Close to the Edge medley last week. So here's an early King Crimson song played on tiple.

When I looked up the chords of this song on Ultimate-Guitar.com a couple of years ago, it included an H7 chord. This perplexed me for a few days, until a friend Googled it and found out that in Germany a B7 chord is sometimes called H7. Internet lore claims that there was concern that the flat symbol looked too much like a B, so to avoid confusion between B and Bb the B was called an H. This makes no sense to me. But the Ultimate-Guitar chords were posted by someone from Germany, and I've seen H7 chords in a couple other postings since then.

I am waiting for 21st Century Schizoid Man!

This thread makes want to go listen to some King Crimson!

I've listened to three Crimson albums in the last two days. And now, based on your requests, I feel like I should be ashamed for picking the easy song. Maybe I'll just play a bunch of random notes and say it's the last 10 minutes of "Moonchild".

:smileybounce:

The power went out for 40 minutes this afternoon as the tropical storm passed through. So I got out my iPod, earbuds, and Kiwaya and spent the time trying to figure out "Starless". (A lot of Gm and 2020 Am6.) If I do another video of a Crimson song, it'll probably be that one.

Robert would be proud!

Top Bottom