Daily Ukulele August 25th 2011

joeybug

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone :D

Not at work today, hence the late start, but I managed to squeeze in a video yesterday so I have one today.

Page: 148
Song: Let's Get Together

Inspiration:

Excuse the poor singing!

Enjoy!

Get :music:

Very nice video! And a tip of the cap to your ramdomizer for the song selection. According to Wikipedia, this song was first recorded (with a folk song sound) by The Kingston Trio, and was then recorded by a group called We Five and The Jefferson Airplane. Each version had its own sound, but the iconic version was released by the Youngbloods (under the title "Get Together") in 1967 and became, in the words of someone who posted a David Crosby version on YouTube, "the peace anthem of a generation." The Youngbloods's version tends to be the version used in films to evoke the 1960s (as it was used in Forrest Gump).

An interesting sidenote: According to a website called Blue Desert, Jesse Colin Young, guitarist and lead singer for the Youngbloods, lived on the Big Island, where he grew organic Kona coffee on his farm, from 1996-2006. In 2004, he released Living In Paradise, a CD of Hawaiin music covers and Hawaiian-influenced original songs, which has an ukulele, although I don't know if he's the one playing it.

Last edited:
Very nice video! And a tip of the cap to your ramdomizer for the song selection. According to Wikipedia, this song was first recorded (with a folk song sound) by The Kingston Trio, and was then recorded by a group called We Five and The Jefferson Airplane. Each version had its own sound, but the iconic version was released by the Youngbloods (under the title "Get Together") in 1967 and became, in the words of someone who posted a David Crosby version on YouTube, "the peace anthem of a generation." The Youngbloods's version tends to be the version used in films to evoke the 1960s (as it was used in Forrest Gump).

An interesting sidenote: According to a website called Blue Desert, Jesse Colin Young, guitarist and lead singer for the Youngbloods, lived on the Big Island, where he grew organic Kona coffee on his farm, from 1996-2006. In 2004, he released Living In Paradise, a CD of Hawaiin music covers and Hawaiian-influenced original songs, which has an ukulele, although I don't know if he's the one playing it.

Thanks for the info mds! And the post :D I'm either going to do a quick recording for today or leave it for another day as I have no video!

Top Bottom