My Kamaka HF-3 & Custom

OLARN

Reaction score
Finally, I end up with 2 kamakas in my hands.

OLN_1459.jpg

Start with standard HF-3 Tenor that I just got this a few days ago. What I love about this one is the beautiful of Koa top and back in standard model.
Please enjoy the images ;)

OLN_1401.jpg

Beautiful head stock.

OLN_1398.jpg

a bit curly wood top.

Last edited:
OLN_1406.jpg

Looks closely.

OLN_1402.jpg

Back

OLN_1404.jpg

also, a little bit curly.

After this is my only Kamaka hf-3 custom with Englemann spruce top and 4A curly Koa back and sides. Also this one got ebony fretboard and head stock.

OLN_1455.jpg

Ebony head stock

OLN_1419.jpg

Front piece

OLN_1416.jpg

Side

OLN_1449.jpg

Englemann spruce top

OLN_1427.jpg

Side

OLN_1422.jpg

Back side

OLN_1425.jpg

See how curly it is.

OLN_1444.jpg

Neck

OLN_1438.jpg

Thans for watching ;D

That custom is awesome. I wish they would do slotted head stocks :( Maybe when the Jake ukes are finished... How were they to work with?

Very nice. I love the second with the lighter top and darker headstock, goes well together. :)

They both look great! Enjoy! How different is the sound with the spruce top? Which one do you prefer to play?

Thanks for your comments though. To me, my favorite one between these two, the kamaka custom is the best. But for travelling and daily use, I would go for hf-3 standard. I have my plan to put K&K pickup on the hf-3 as well. :)

For people who want to check the different between these two. Please check on this clip.

The first one is the standard hf-3.

This is from the custom one.

Beautiful ukuleles! You got great looking grain on the koa of both of them. Congratulations!

Last edited:
That custom Kamaka looks hot. To me it's screaming for some body bindings and purfling/rosette to go with the killer koa, but I suppose you have it just the way you wanted. Very nice!

Wah. Lau. :drool:

Both are awesome in looking! grats on having those lovely instruments.

Gee Olarn! Thanks for the gorgeous pictures. You're playing is just wonderful too. What a lovely pair of ukuleles. Congratulations on your collection. :)

Two beautiful ukuleles and two great vids. Well done on both counts!

Top Bottom