F#m Help !

F#m = 2120 Use the G7 shape on the GCE strings . . .

Last edited:
2120-Not sure if i have them correctly but it is G string and E string on second fret and the c string on first fret. Easiest way for me was to make an A and then add my ring finger on the e string on 2nd fret.

I play it 2120, 2nd finger on 2nd fret 4th string, index finger on first fret third string, third finger second fret second string...

While I was at home (Honolulu) this Summer, I attended the free ukulele lessons at the Royal Hawaiian Center -
Food Court (Tues thru Fri 10-11am).

I noticed that many of the newbies did NOT pivot their hands when moving from F to G7. Many had their thumbs
visible from behind the neck while they were trying to form the chords. Two lessons here:

1- keep your thumbs out of sight (generally) right smack behind the 2nd fret.

2- PIVOT your hand toward the head/tuners when moving from F (2010) to G7 (0212) or whenever you have to place
fingers below another one.

The same will be true (2) for forming F#m (G7 formation on strings 4,3,2/G,C,E).

I hope this helps.

And, if you're ever in Waikiki and have the opportunity, please go to the free ukulele lessons at the Royal
Hawaiian Center and tell the Aunties who are teaching, that Uncle Rod said, "Hi".

Keep uke'in',

as you learn more and more songs you'll find out that you'll need to place your fingers differently to get through chord progressions easier.
dont think that there is 1 easiest way to play each chord, try playing chords differently time to time :)

Top Bottom