WTB -- Pono Tenor

Derry

Reaction score
let me know what you have available,,

thanks

Derry

There's one on eBay marked a second at $202 now I think. It looks good and may sell for cheap being that it's marked second but I have seen some marked second that didn't have anything wrong with it that could be seen.

I requested some more info on this uke from the seller and here's his note (don't know why people don't just put this stuff in the ads!):

"It is a gloss finish. It has a small crack on the back. Action is perfect, and can be adjusted via truss rod (very rare for a uke). Frets are not worn, no fret buzz or fretting out. Action is excellent all up and down the fret board. i would not be selling this if it was not fro the fact that i need to pay for my rest of my album. in fact, I use this instrument on that album. It sings!!!

- urbanprairieplayers"

I had also emailed this seller. He had put this uke for sell before but removed the listing. He told me about a crack in the back and would not send me pictures....

So do you believe him or not? That's not going to be much money to put toward a project like that. I bid on it a couple of days ago and was considering buying it for my son for a christmas present but quit bidding when I thought it may not be what it appeared as in the way of cracks and such which wouldn't be a good dad if I bought him one that had cracks. Thanks for the heads up on the crack marymac.QUOTE=marymac;753183]I requested some more info on this uke from the seller and here's his note (don't know why people don't just put this stuff in the ads!):

"It is a gloss finish. It has a small crack on the back. Action is perfect, and can be adjusted via truss rod (very rare for a uke). Frets are not worn, no fret buzz or fretting out. Action is excellent all up and down the fret board. i would not be selling this if it was not fro the fact that i need to pay for my rest of my album. in fact, I use this instrument on that album. It sings!!!

- urbanprairieplayers"[/QUOTE]

My personnal view is that a seller should mention this on the add. Also, it is bizarre that he wont send a picture showing the crack when requested to do so. His answer was, you dont need to see a picture since it does not affect the sound. I like to deal with people I feel I can trust. There are many great sellers on ebay that are honest and up front about what they sell. I often exchange emails with sellers and get the answers I want. You should be able to find something good from an honest seller before christmas. There is a KPK tenor from a good seller at a great price right now.

Hey Derry,
I have a Pono Tenor in excellent condition with a professional hard shell case I would be willing to sell both for 350. it isn't even a year old I paid 450$ for the ukulele alone and 80$ for the case.
cheers
Yann

"Action is perfect, and can be adjusted via truss rod (very rare for a uke)."

Why do people think the purpose of a truss rod is to adjust the action. It isn't. It is to adjust the relief in the neck.

I had interest in this uke and asked the seller to send me a photo of the crack. It was close to the heel of the neck on the back of the instrument and enough to keep me from bidding. I deleted the email that had the picture, otherwise, I would share it here.

Steve

Top Bottom