Long-necked sopranos?

Concert scale neck w/concert fret spacing w/soprano sized body. It is my style favorite uke. I have two, though my Soprano Sailor also has 14 frets to the body, but the spacing is a bit less than a "true" concert scale neck/fret spacing.

Mahalo

Long-necked soprano is usually a concert neck with concert scale on a soprano body (or a super soprano ). My Mya-moe super soprano is made like that.

There are also tenor necks on concert or soprano bodies, which can also be called long necks.

My custom Donaldson baby is a super or long-necked soprano. Concert scale, soprano body. It is wonnnnnnderful!

Just feel I must add my :2cents:.
Agree with above posts and will add that the Concert "necked" Soprano is my favorite size. Playability of the Concert neck and sound of a Soprano. I have the KALA SLNG for my "carry" uke but one day I hope to have a "K" brand, Southcoast or equivalent.

I love the long neck soprano, although I gave it to my daughter, to allow her to play more music than she could on her 12 fret soprano Uke. I bought it when I started trying John Kings music. I found it very playable, especially the long stretches involved in some of John King's arrangements. ITSME, from your classical guitar back ground it may not be an issue for you, but then again, the concert neck may allow you to do more than you can do on the tenor scale. The sound of the Longneck soprano is very enchanting. i think you would enjoy it!

Take care,

Tom

I found the long neck soprano much easier for playing around the 8th fret and higher. I have trouble with some barre fingering when it goes up there. The barre finger is fine, but the others have a problem fitting between the frets on a soprano. For some songs, it's just easier on a tenor neck. I like to jump around between ukes, depending on the song. If I were to buy a high end soprano, it would be a long neck.

–Lori

And Lori's Uke Leash really helps when playing a Long neck Soprano, as it doesn't have much body to rest on your leg.

Stop all this Long Neck talk please! I thought I was happy with my Guitalele!!

:)

Tom

Has anyone tried a Lehua?

At the risk of being pedantic...longneck soprano is what God meant the uke to be. :)

Top Bottom