Hold on tight East coast!!!

What Mike said! Be careful this weekend if you're on the east coast! Stay safe!

attachment.php

Beginning of the the week get an earthquake now a hurricane!

Just sitting hear trying to pick "Goodnight Irene" and hoping for that forecasted NNE or NE turn in heading!
We're 15 miles south of the NC/SC state line, 3 blocks inland (at least we're 45' above AMSL).

Why oh why do I have to live in Florida!? :(

So you don't have to live in Maine, or New York, or ??????????? in January or February, or............ LOL

In Raleigh, NC at my daughter's waiting for the hurricane to pass. Hoping that my condo in Carolina Beach does not get damaged. Stay safe everyone. As Governor Bev Perdue says, "Prepare for the worst but hope for the best".

we are getting the first bands of rain now. supposed to get hit good tomorrow here in coastal NC

Just sitting hear trying to pick "Goodnight Irene" and hoping for that forecasted NNE or NE turn in heading!
We're 15 miles south of the NC/SC state line, 3 blocks inland (at least we're 45' above AMSL).
I'm in Chas, it's been close I bet the "pinch" factor is high up there!!! Power went out her for an hour to remind me how lucky we are. Stay safe!!!

Mahalo for the well wishes!!! Just finished getting the house "ready"! Time to hunker down!!!

Looks like here in Baltimore we will miss the worst of it, but will have sustained winds and rain. My fear is that I have 60 trees in my yard, many over 70 ft tall. Worried about them surviving the heavy rain, saturated soil, and steady winds.

I bought a house near the Atlantic coast in Delaware last week. Anxious to see how it survives.

Good luck to you folks in NJ and NY.

At least you won't need power to play your ukes! Be safe. I have two daughters in New York City and it's a bit of Bedlam there. John--stay tight!

I hope all our east coast UU brethren make it thru okay.

At least you won't need power to play your ukes!
Amen to that! Living in a 100-year-old house where the neighborhood electrical infrastructure is equally ancient, occasional power outages are to be expected. Our last outage was ~10 hours. :(

But I got my ukes and my guitars and plenty of sheet music and my little battery-powered Mighty Bright book light that clips onto my music stand. If you don't have one, I'd really recommend it.

AAArrrrgggHHH!!! We're gonna get it on Sunday. House was built in 1834. Trees outside are ancient, huge, and almost certain to shed limbs. Hopefuuly not on the house. Basement floods often. Power goes out all the time. Really getting concerned.

Here's an updated photo (1:40 p.m. EDT on Friday, August 26) of Hurricane Irene's location. I think it's since hit North and South Carolina, and it's expected to hit Washington DC on Saturday morning. Best wishes to everyone on the eastern seaboard that you all get through this with minimum damage.

attachment.php

Top Bottom