my husband made a stand for my Mainland Banjo Ukulele

arpie

Reaction score
Hi guys

My husband made me a nice stand for my Mainland Banjo Ukulele - it is really solid & stable & works well. He cut the felt 'decorations' freehand & stuck them on the sides!
uke stand keith.jpg

It has a small hinge at the top & an expanding hinge at the bottom of the rear & he lined the inside edge with the same felt that he put the decals on.

He just used some nice laminated pine, to prevent any warping & coated it with a few coats of varnish, sanding between each layer.

I am very happy with it!! :)

Cheers

Roberta

Last edited:
THat is great- I need to do one for my May-Bell's, they hate conventional stands. Job well done there.

Thanks guys - I have seen one other timber one that, instead of the hinges, just cuts slots (at the correct angle) in the base of both (same height in both) & they just slot together, with the thickness of the sides holding them together & stable ........ we didn't want to stuff it up tho, so went with the hinge, to be sure, to be sure! :)

Some of my 'club' (had our first gathering on Wed) wanted the diagram for it too, so a hit all round!

Cheers

Roberta

That's a nice one! That makes me want to get out the old power tools.

Very nice stand. Very nice husband.

When I read the post headline, I thought you were saying that he had been ready to fight you for the Mainland, that he wanted it to be his from now on. (Ha ha.) I hope you share it.

.....he had been ready to fight you for the Mainland,....

Ha Ha ..... mind you, he HAS said HE now wants to learn as well!!! He may be joining my 'beginners' group soon!! (I'm not much better than a beginner myself!!!)

Top Bottom