Sing along with a crowd - when you are home alone! Great website

arpie

Reaction score
Hi guys

I stumbled upon this thread today & thought it handy for beginners (like me) to actually have something to sing along with "with others" whilst at home, with the chords & words being shown on the screen as you go ........) A bit like Mitch Miller & his 'singalong' from the 60s ........ or is that dating me a bit!! :D

This is great to practise with on your own! Just Choose a song & strum & sing along with them - you are more likely to do the whole song than just flicking thru pages!
http://www.ukuleleplayalong.nl/

"You are my Sunshine" is a real hoot!!

Click on a song, and then click on 'OPEN' (down the bottom of the page) to bring it onto the screen eg, You are My Sunshine. Click on each chord grouping D, C, G to find a set of chords that suits your vocal range - it shows the chords on the left 'as they are played' and also the song with chords written under the actual video footage!

If the chords shown are too difficult for you, just click on the hand & it will show you alternatives of the same chord that may be easier.

Also, a Cool iphone app if you have an iphone, based on the same principle!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYMoCI1KmM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Cheers

Roberta

I think I'll be using this a lot as my practise, between uke sessions and have sent the link to family, friends & fellow ukers in my group!

This is just cooler'n poop! thanks for sharing......this is going to be fun for a whole lot of ukers.

They even have the Cackle Sisters, too fun!

nice job! that is too cool! I love the Ukulele Lady one with the muppets lol

Pretty dog gone neat!

Oooh, how fun is this! I just got done chunking with Kermit. Great site - thanks for posting :)

Super website. I don't sing well (just ask my wife) so my dog and I will make use of the uke play along site.

So glad you are enjoying the site - I think it is a beautie! I don't know many of the songs, but will try & click on one a day, just to see what is on there!!

I have a friend visiting just now & tried to get her to sing along whilst I played the uke - but she said that when she was in Kindergarten, she was told to MIME as the teacher reckoned she couldn't sing!! 55 years later, she still remembers that remark! I find that terribly sad! I will be sending her the link (even tho she doesn't have a uke) & maybe in the privacy of her own home, she can open up her vocal chords & SING ALONG just for fun!

Cheers

Roberta

hey arpie, excellent site, this will be great fun thanx for the linky

Oh man, that is a REALLY COOL site. I can't wait to get home and mess around with it tonight once I get my uke all tuned up. This is going to be AWESOME!

Dan

Top Bottom