Daily Ukulele August 26th 2011

joeybug

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Everyone!

I had to record and upload a video so it's taken me a while to get the post up, but here's today!

Page: 198
Song: Rock Around The Clock

Inspiration:

Enjoy!

Get :music:

Joey are you feeling better? You look good, like you feel good and I can see the weight loss. See you are not just inspiring us on the ukulele but to loose weight too.

Very Nice. !

Nice~ and you look and sound great, perkier!

Great job on the video! You definitely look like your health has improved!

Yor randomizer keeps picking historically significant songs (or maybe it's just that the Daily Ukulele is full of historically significant songs). This is from Wikipedia.org: "It was not the first rock and roll record, nor was it the first successful record of the genre (Bill Haley had American chart success with "Crazy Man, Crazy" in 1953, and in 1954, "Shake, Rattle and Roll" reached #1 on the Billboard R&B chart). Haley's recording nevertheless became an anthem for rebellious Fifties youth and is widely considered to be the song that, more than any other, brought rock and roll into mainstream culture around the world. The song is ranked #158 on the Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time..... On 9 July 1955, "Rock Around the Clock" became the first rock and roll recording to hit the top of Billboard's Pop charts, a feat it repeated on charts around the world. The song stayed at this place for eight weeks. The record was also no.1 for seven weeks on the Cashbox pop singles chart in 1955. The Bill Haley version also hit number three on the R&B charts." The song made a big splash when it was included in the culturally significant 1955 film "Blackboard Jungle." Many people don't know this, but it was also used as the opening theme music for the pilot episode of the television show "Happy Days" and until the show got its own original opening theme.

Last edited:
Top Bottom