Mainland Mahogany Concert vs. Mango Soprano? Tone? Getting anxious!

hibiscus

Reaction score
Waiting is so hard! I loved my Mahogany Concert, but due to wrist & shoulder problems, I really needed a Soprano. I ordered a Mango just to be different. Now I'm hoping I did the right thing! I'm hoping the mango will be a little brighter to make up for the size difference. Any comforting advice? ;)
It will be here next Wednesday, an eternity!

Ukeonomics--

Don't go "a little off topic." Hibiscus wants some information from Mainland owners about her particular uke
Please start a new thread with our own, separate question. Also, A great deal has already been posted about Mainlands--did you do a search first?

A little off topic, but I'm consider buying some stuff from Mainland. Does anyone on here own any of their ukes or parts? I'd love to here some opinions.
Try the SEARCH function . . . there are dozens of posts/threads regarding Mainland. I'll start you off with these. I'm sure there will be more replies . . .

Mainland Ukes Owners Club
Mainland Uke Review

I probably shouldn't have asked such a specific question. I have read reviews on the Mango Concert, but not the Soprano. Thanks for the links~ I checked them out, too.
The Mainland Mahogany Concert was perfect, and I have heard many good things about all the Mainlands.:eek:

I have never heard a Mango in person. My understanding is that Mango will be a little bit brighter than the Mahogany. I am sure you will be happy with it. You can't loose with a Mainland.

I think for me in general Soprano's tend to be brighter by nature so I don't think you will go down in the brightness category. Strings make a huge difference so if you are a little disappointed, try some other strings. Worths and Southcoasts are pretty bright and have a great sound. Good luck.

Thank you for your reminder that Mainlands are great, and I can try different strings if need be. I'm sure I'll love it!

I have a mango concert and I would say the tone is very even like koa is. It does not have the boom or dark tones of mahagony or the bark of the cedar ukes. It is not as loud as the koa ukes but has a very nice tone to it. I call it the "quiet koa".

Top Bottom