Happy UKE day! Yay!

Trinimon

Reaction score
As fate would have it, I have just come into possession of a very lightly used Kala KA-ASAC-C solid acacia concert uke! She sounds pretty nice so far and she's a cutie. I'll give her a good once over when I get home but so far, she looks like a keeper. :D

Congratulations! I hope you post some pics. The grain on those Kala solid acacia ukuleles is so varied that each one has its own character. And is there a story behind how it ended up with you?

Congrats~ enjoy!

Thanks. I'll try post some pics when I get home.

Nothing too big on the story. I was drinking with a friend, turns out he got a uke about a year or so ago that was sitting in his closet collecting dust and offered to sell it to me. Originally he said it was a solid Koa concert and couldn't remember the brand. I'm a sucker so I asked him to bring it in. Solid koa concert uke? Can't go wrong right? He dropped it off today and I found out it was a Kala solid acacia (close to Koa I suppose). The price was right so I gladly took it off his hands. :D

Congratulations! Looking forward to the pix

Some pics of my "previously enjoyed" Kala Acacia concert uke.

6092978896_d9a1f9792d_z.jpg

6092978766_f20af2284d_z.jpg

6092978860_7324fcf493_z.jpg

6092978646_3b1ef87518_z.jpg

Beautiful, love the wood, love the herringbone. I wouldn't mind checking one of these out.

Congrats! I'm just selling one of these. Nice uke, worth browns are a must! I posted on it a little while back.

Congrats Trinimon! Nice!

Thanks. Right now she still has her Aquila on her but I think I'll take Uk3player78's suggestion and swap them out for Worth Browns (low G for me) and switch my other concert uke to Aquila high G. I did notice that my Kala Koa laminate (with Worth Brown low G) is a bit louder than the Kala solid acacia.

Scottiver, if you try one, you'll want to buy it on the spot. Mind you I sort of wanted the tenor version for the slotted headstock but the deal was too sweet to pass up. :p

Top Bottom